cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three lost my number!!!

AndyTR
Fledgling

Has anyone else had a similar problem porting their phone number with Three?  I recently joined Three on a pay-monthly plan. At the same time,  I applied to transfer my old number. The transfer should have been completed by the end of the next working day. That was eight days ago.  Since then, the transfer still hasn't gone through.  Three Customer Services don't seem particularly interested and have told me every day for the last five days that the transfer would definitely be completed by the end of the day. It hasn't!
They told me that the issue had been escalated but that doesn't seem to have provoked any action from them.  This is my work number and I desperately need it back!   I wish I'd stayed with my old network. Terrible customer service!   

6 REPLIES 6
Steve-b
Regular

It might be worth seeking some advice from OfCom - this link (scroll down):-

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice-for-businesses/switching/switching-mobile

suggests that compensation may be payable if a mobile number port is delayed, but I haven't researched it in full. If compensation is payable, it might help to concentrate minds in relation to your switch.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AndyTR,

This sounds really distressing, I can't imagine how disruptive losing access to your number must be. I'd like to make sure that we're doing everything we can to help. I'll send you a private message to link you to an escalated support team.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Nickeljn
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan

I have the same problem as above it now has been 2 weeks

I am not getting any progress from three customer services

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nickeljn,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Which network were you porting from? Has the transfer not taken place whatsoever, or are you experiencing a split port, where either incoming or outgoing calls/texts aren't working?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

CatM1288
Fledgling

This happened to me recently. I called them 3+ times a day and escalated through management and I finally got it sorted but it took 8 days! Really bad service for a new customer but keep persisting- it did eventually get sorted 

jarlesann
Fledgling

They've lost 1 of our numbers too. 15th May. Handset contract bought, business phone, worked fine. Then i bought 2 sim only contracts and brought numbers over from Vodafone. Then realised the handset sim wasnt working. They had ported a number onto a sim contract aswell as a handset contract and to this date they dont know how to rectify. Ive had 24 online chats some up to 4 hours long, 8 phone calls some up to 3 hours long, most recent one last friday was 4.5 hours long, even went into a 3 shop who said they could see 1 of my numbers is on 2 contracts, old system and new system. Latest today is i have to lose 1 of my numbers. Either my husbands business number hes had 10 years or my number that ive had 22 years since i had my 1st mobile phone. It has been stressful trying to explain to someone what has happened as i dont even understand it myself. Unable to get a straight answer, unable to speak with anyone in the UK, passed from old system dept to new system dept, taken them 4-6 weeks to respond to complaints logged online and a letter sent to their head office. Then last week i had adverse credit added to my credit file as Three have logged missed payments on my credit file for a phone i cant use as the sim isnt connected and i havent received a bill and they cant even find the account online!! All in all a lot of stress, loss of customers, loss of a valuable number and still no resolve, so im still going around in circles with no clue how it will end.