cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Availability

helios78
Fledgling

Hello, any news on the esim rollout, would it be available to your PAYG customers? I think you did complete a trial last summer but it all went quiet.

12 REPLIES 12
garetc
Involved

I’d be cautious about following that advice, I switched once on my old line and was sent a new QR code although in my case I didn’t have the original QR code.

Seems a bit of a security risk, could end up with someone picking it up, scanning it and getting access to the person’s line. At the very least you’d expect some sort of SMS verification. 

I’ve seen a couple of threads on here where the mods have direct messaged users to advise them how to get a replacement eSIM when switching phones if you have a search around. 

threeish
Fledgling

According to the website https://www.three.co.uk/support/sim-support/esim, it is available. But when I contacted them, was told it was not on payg.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @threeish,

Keep an eye out for messages from us about a system update. If you're on PAYG this should happen fairly soon within the next few weeks. Once your account is updated I believe you should be able to move to eSIM then.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.