cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM Availability

helios78
Fledgling

Hello, any news on the esim rollout, would it be available to your PAYG customers? I think you did complete a trial last summer but it all went quiet.

12 REPLIES 12
MZone
Key player

I can’t speak for 3 but I do believe that none of the U.K. networks currently offer eSIM’s to PAYG customers so on the balance of probability assume 3 won’t either. As soon as eSIM is launched on 3 I’m sure it will be announced on here/3’s main page. The last I heard is that it will be launched sometime this year. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @helios78, welcome to Three Community 👋

It's just as @MZone's said - we're working on bringing eSIM to our customers this year, and will let everyone know as soon we're ready to go. We'll have more specific details on availability and plan compatibility then.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Regular

this year can be next week, or December. Three is the only biggest provider in the UK that doesn't support E-SIM. It's so disappointed.
This release date is being pushed since 2021.

garetc
Involved

We heard this line from Three for most of 2022.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

StephR
Employee
Employee

We hear you, @garetc. It has taken longer than we'd hoped, but we're closer than ever to bringing it to our customers and are excited to launch eSIM in 2023.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

garetc
Involved

Thanks for the reply @StephR but I will believe it when I see it!

The trial was in 2020 and we're now at the start of 2023. There can't have been that many bugs to iron out.

The likes of O2, EE and Vodafone have been offering them for some time. Vodafone and EE even allow users to request a replacement QR code via online or their apps.

GW
Active

I have a Three eSIM, is it possible to reuse my original QR code in a ew handset? 

garetc
Involved

@GW - I think you'll need to contact customer services or wait for a moderator to pick this up.

Once an eSIM QR code has been used it usually can't be reused on a different handset (although Three might have implemented differently to the other networks).

GW
Active

Hi. Thanks for the reply. 

I have spoken to customer services and they claim that I can reuse the eSIM QR code, but I have to delete it off my existing handset first. Unfortunately, from previous experience, I don’t trust them. I’m afraid that if I delete it, I may be without my phone number.