cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G broadband - inconsistent speed and disconnects

Panos_1453
Fledgling

Hi ✌️

I have been having issues with my 5G home broadband. The speed is inconsistent and goes from 2mb/s to 80mb/s with the occasional speed test showing 120mb/s, but overall, the speed is not enough for me to stream or play games. I am getting constant lag, with disconnects. This has started about a month ago, and I have noticed my connectivity on my phone dropping off as well when my broadband drops off.
I am assuming it could be network related, but this would make the whole situation worse, as I have all my devices running on Three, and I can not go about my day without having major connectivity issues.

I have done countless restarts, removed the Sim from the hub, tried restarting again, but nothing has helped so far.

Does anybody know how to overcome this?

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Maestro

Check out the Network Status Checker, as this will shed light on any work going on in the area or reported issues 3 are aware of.

tyz90n9
Fledgling

Hi,

I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue, but after speaking with others in my area who use Three, it seems we're not alone. I live in Fulham SW6, and we've noticed the signal dropping from 5 bars to 1 over the past three weeks. The situation hasn't improved, and our broadband is getting disconnected up to five times a day whenever the signal is lost.

When we check the "Network Status Checker," it claims everything is perfect, but that's far from the truth.

It feels like Three isn't interested in addressing this, as their "fake" Network Status Checker insists everything is working fine, which clearly isn't the case. We should keep calling Three until they resolve this issue in our area. Hopefully, a moderator will bring this to their attention.

TiredUser
Fledgling

This is now a common issue. The lights remain on the router but the data download stops. I have to either restart the router or turn off the mobile data in the ZTE app. This happens at least 4 or 5 times a day, even when we are not at home. I will get a offline notification for my door cam. Three insist there is nothing wrong. It seems to me they not fixing anything right now as they are waiting for the Vodafone merger to go through, we used to get speeds of around 250mbps, now we're lucky to get up to 20mbps during the day and in the evening we struggle to hit 10mbps