cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Zyxel NR5103E 5G Hub - How to get new firmware? Ring & Netflix not working!

Yasarahmad
Fledgling

Hi All, 

I just got the 

Zyxel NR5103E 5G Hub & currently on V1.00 (ACBJ.0) b12.

Internet works. 

Ring doorbell Does not. My camera's cant connect. Connects to Wifi but then says it fails because there is no internet connect but the hub is indeed connected to the internet.

Netflix comes up with a NW-2-5 error comes up.

Looked online and seems to be that there is a new firmware, but I have no idea how I download it? I restarted my hub and hoped for the best but nothing. Any ideas where I can download it and upload it directly. 

Also any recommendations on the ring challenge I'm having?

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

Open the settings in a Web browser and there should be an option to check/update firmware. The settings usually open if you type the ip address into the browser, or Google how to open the settings.

Yasarahmad
Fledgling

No option to do that. 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 22.59.36.png

andyvee
Active

I'm in the same position - router on b12, no option for auto update, and it doesn't seem to be updating by itself either

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Yasarahmad@andyvee,

The firmware update should be getting pushed automatically from us. Have you been in touch with the Broadband Teams about this?

For the device connectivity issue, there's been a few similar situations coming up recently. Although it was initially about VPN connection issues, FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection gives info about setting the APN to manual mode and IPv4 only which may help with the Ring issue.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

andyvee
Active

Sorry - should have been clearer - I have no issues other than the firmware doesn't appear to be updating from b12. I'm in no rush - I'll wait as it is likely to break my IP passthrough with the IPv6 so quite happy for it not to happen TBH 🙂 just odd that it hasn't updated.