cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g router and video doorbell

Tdl76
Fledgling

Hey people,

I have had my video doorbell connected to the router with no issues for several months. We recently had a power cut and since then I cannot get to connect to the router. The manufacturer sent me a new door bell as that was the suspected fault but the same issue persists.

All other devices connect no problem except this.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Tdl76
Fledgling

Anyone have the smallest idea?

The doorbell works on 2.4ghz only so tried to connect it to a guest wi-fi set to that frequency.

At this point I am suspecting the router to be at fault but  most devices have no issue. There are glitches on occasion and struggles connecting which are random and as far as I can tell unnecessary. tia 

Avondale
Rising star

@Tdl76 

Ethernet or WiFi connection ? 

Make and model of doorbell ? 

Which hub/router ? 

Tdl76
Fledgling

Hiya, it’s on wi-fi connection.

router is NR5103E

I have pinned it to the router being at fault (I am a computer tech so have some insight lol), I gave the bell and Homebase to my son to check on his connection and it worked fine.

I just don’t know why it would stop talking to my router. Connection has also become choppy to other devices now as well and after a package/consistency check it isn’t so stable.

Higherground
Regular

I had a similar issue with Sky Stream as well a video door bell that lost their internet connection. Both were fixed when I got onto the chat assistant and they "refreshed allowances".

Maybe give it a try.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tdl76,

The powercut is a bit of an odd factor, possibly this could have caused a hardware fault if there was a surge, but very odd the router only has an issue with one device.

We've seen a few device connectivity issues recently. For the most part the advice on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection to change to a manual APN on IPv4 only seems to be fixing a lot of similar issues. Let me know if that seems to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.