cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE Bridge mode no longer working

MD1096
Fledgling

Hi

Today after 8.30pm. The bridge mode on the ZTE MC801A stopped working. Its now giving my router a internal IP address, instead of an external IP address as it should in bridge mode. Whilst in bridge mode I get no internet connection until I take it off bridge mode

I have tried all the usual suggestion I get from three technical support. Restart, reset and pin hole reset. Still the same

Not sure if I have had a software update.

For the past 9 months I have had to constantly reboot the ZTE device, Even had a replacement. I have also raised a complaint with no positive outcome. Bit tired of the issues now , not sure its worth the hassle for the speeds when it does work well!

MD1096_0-1694820122422.png

Best solution
Best solution
Jcnicholls
Regular

Try setting your APN to manual, name it something, set IPv4 and set apn to 3internet leave username and password blank and set as default and you should be good to go, this fixed that issue for me 

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Best solution
Jcnicholls
Regular

Try setting your APN to manual, name it something, set IPv4 and set apn to 3internet leave username and password blank and set as default and you should be good to go, this fixed that issue for me 

Jcnicholls
Regular

FYI setting it this way also solved the double NAT issue too. Was much more stable after.

MD1096
Fledgling

Thanks. I will try this