cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARLO Cameras disconnecting from 5G Home Hub

petevick
Regular

Anyone else using ARLO cameras? My ARLO hub keeps disconnecting from the 5G router, and reconnecting - this happens quite often, and the cameras show offline. ARLO have looked into the problem but not come up with anything.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Petevick. 

It's not a device I've used my self, is it the only device that's having issues remaining connected? Is the Arlo hub getting a good signal? 

Pete. 

petevick
Regular

Sorry for late reply. I have an Arlo hub, which loses connection to the Three hub, and I have an Arlo camera which is connected to my network as opposed the the Arlo hub, which also loses connection.
This system worked flawlessly with Virgin broadband, but for some reason does not work properly with the Three 5G router. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

That's quite strange. Is it only the Arlo devices having the issues?

petevick
Regular

Yes - I have given up - as have Arlo tech support. They refunded my purchase. Now using TP-Link wireless cameras which don't have the problem.

Thanks

leolee
Fledgling

I have 2 cam from Arlo. There worked well before until I bought the extra Arlo base station VM4540 and it start to reconnect few times in each hour. Contacted the Arlo support and they replied as below. Is there anyway to split his issue? Thanks. 

“It's possible that the ZTE gateway is dropping the broadband connection when there isn't any activity, and then needs to reconnect when a device on your network tries to reach the internet.

If you are in range of multiple towers, it is also possible that gateway connection is shifting to another tower.”