cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change WIFI settings on NR5103E running b12 firmware

rtowen
Fledgling

NR5103E on b12 firmware works perfectly with the as supplied wifi setup,, one SSID for both 2.4 and 5 ghz.  I have tried to separate the two bands with different SSIDs and change the 5ghz to a higher channel (100) but any change that I try to apply results in this warning message "Make changes the WiFi settings may be disconnected and need to reconnect device after a while" which won't go away till I refresh the browser. I did see a message once saying that I cannot change the wifi while MESH is active but cannot find anything in the settings referring to MESH.  Please advise if the wifi can be changed and how.  Apart from that the Zyxel box is great.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rtowen,

Another user @talktohardwick posted about splitting the frequencies for the NR5103E and they were able to do this through the Three 5G Broadband App. 

"I'm using the Zyxel NR5103E. The steps to make the change are:

1. Load the 3 5G broadband app

2. Get to the homescreen

3. Click Wi-Fi on the icons at the bottom of the screen

4. Move the slider that says "keep 2.4 and 5 GHZ the same" to the left."

Does it work when you try through the App rather than the router admin?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

talktohardwick
Active

An update from me on this issue: I haven't had a single problem with dropouts since I did this a couple of months ago