cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 4G+ mobile broadband hub is extremely slow

Quixotic
Fledgling

Hello,

I have recently signed up for a 4G+ mobile broadband as it is advertised as fast and can go up to 600 Mbps. However, the max speed I'm getting is 9 Mbps and sometimes it wouldn't even provide internet access. I'm not even 1 month into the contract yet and I'm already having problems with this.

Like many other people, I require high internet speed for WFH.

Please kindly assist.

5 REPLIES 5
stevekn
Involved

i often think highspeed broadband on three is an oxymoron !

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Quixotic, thanks for joining us here on Three Community. 

I'm sorry you're getting slower data speeds than expected. Have you had a look at the network status checker to see if an outage or upgrade could be causing that? 

You'll also find lots of handy troubleshooting tips, including where's best to place your hub, on our home broadband support pages.

Let us know how you get on with those steps, we're keen to help.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

stevekn
Involved

the status page usually says good 5G signal which is true, just no or slow internet on it.

just had to reset my huwaei modem fir the second time today as “ no internet” at all.

Quixotic
Fledgling

Hello StephR, 

Unfortunately, the status checker says everything is fine while it in fact isn't. Plus the link for the option inside home broadband support page isn't working.

I spoke to tech support today via 500 and they told me they couldn't help me as they have their own issue and there was no time frame for when that would be resolved on their side.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Thank for getting back to us here, @Quixotic 

We are aware of an issue that's causing some of our Home and Mobile Broadband users trouble connecting to internet services at the moment. Our technical teams are working hard to understand and fix that issue, and we should have more information to share soon.

It sounds like the issue you're having may be something else though, if it's been a problem for almost a month.

Could you possibly pop the SIM from your MiFi into your phone, to test if you get the same slow speeds? This will help figure out if there's an issue with the MiFi itself.

In the meantime, I've sent you a PM with further steps on getting in touch. We'll take a closer look at what's happening in your area and hopefully move things forward for you.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.