cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E hub no longer compatible with Deco M9 mesh system

henryshelley
Regular

It looks to me like Three have provided some kind of firmware update to the NR5103E that has disabled the ability to use the NR5103E with a mesh system.

I have a Deco M9 connected via the LAN of my NR5103E hub, and then several other Deco M9 nodes throughout the house providing mesh connectivity. This setup has worked perfectly for 6 months. However, overnight the Deco M9 now all of sudden doesn't provide internet connectivity.

To isloate the route cause, I have tested the Deco M9 nodes with a different router, and they work fine. I can also connect to the internet via the NR5103E hub perfectly fine. But sadly, when combined, (connecting to the internet via the Deco M9, which in turn is connected to the internet via the NR5103E Lan port) this no longer works. 

This is a problem as I need the Deco M9 mesh system to get internet in most places in my house. The NR5103E hub on it's own only reaches about 50% of my home.

So, as I say, It looks to me like Three have provided some kind of firmware update that has disabled the ability to use the NR5103E with a mesh system.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @henryshelley,

Sorry to hear you're running into these difficulties since the recent update. I don't think we've specifically had any mentions of Deco mesh, but there have been a few threads about VPNs, and some devices running into connectivity issues since we introduced IPv6 settings to the NR5103E recently. The thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection has some suggested settings changes that may work for you.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Spud
Involved

I've only briefly borrowed that router and never used mesh. I was wondering if the router is set to bridge mode which just passes your assigned Three IP address on to one device - then set the deco to handle everything else (DHCP server etc)?

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @henryshelley,

Sorry to hear you're running into these difficulties since the recent update. I don't think we've specifically had any mentions of Deco mesh, but there have been a few threads about VPNs, and some devices running into connectivity issues since we introduced IPv6 settings to the NR5103E recently. The thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection has some suggested settings changes that may work for you.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

henryshelley
Regular

Solution worked. Changed APN to three.co.uk, restarted. Prob fixed.

Dazzar
Established

I have the same issue with my Linksys mesh , it would just simply stop it working, gone back to my cpe pro 2 unlocked and it works fine again