cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E won't connect to 5G

EddersD
Fledgling

I just set up my new router and I can't connect to 5G, I seem to be limited to LTE only. My phone connects without issue.
Firmware is V1.00(ACBJ.0)b9 and I've been reading about b10 solving some issues (although those people were coming from b8). Any way I can force this update? I've tried looking for the firmware download in Zyxel's website with no luck

40 REPLIES 40
Webster
Fledgling

Can you add me onto that list too please Jonathon, Also are you able to tell me when the work on our mast is due to be completed as it’s been down since 11th November NN3 ***

JoshhDaw
Regular

I’m still having this issue. Three help been no help… first told me that there is no 5G in my area (this is a replacement hub and had no issues with 5G on the old one) and then told me 3 don’t do firmware updates 😂

WxM_Gough
Regular

I'm in the same boat as everyone else solid 5G connection on my iPhone when placed right next to the router but the router itself is only connecting to LTE. 

Router has updated to the b12 firmware but nothing seems to have changed. 

Please add me to the list for any future updates. I see some people have been succesful with a new router so perhaps there's a bad batch - does anyone know how we would go about getting these replaced? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WxM_Gough@Webster@Digilinks,

I've sent you all private messages with advice for your specific situations.

To view your messages, click on your avatar icon in the top right of any page, then "Messages". If you've verified your email you'll also receive a message there when someone sends a PM to your community account.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

IJAY_three
Fledgling

@JonathanB

Do you further news on the release of the  new firmware?

Thank you

UnrealMachine35
Regular

Hi jonathanB.....Got the router today and although it looks amazing....i have found that the speeds this router gets is poor in comparison to my huawei router..which is sat right next to it..which when i pop the sim into it....picks up band 20...and the speeds are much better than the nr5103e...and this issue is not just on 5g...but 4g also....in fact...my nearest cell is in clear view of me.....and i know it dose band 20...but the router..no matter what i select. Manual...automatic.....will not pick up band 20...only band 3.....is this something that is been worked on with a firmware update?or i possibly have a defective unit?i could probably rule this out if there was an option to cell lock so i could test with another near by cell......would love to be included in any testing of future firmware to see if this resolves as at the moment....in 2 minds to cancel within my 14 days

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @UnrealMachine35,

Sorry for the delay getting in touch about this. It does sound like what you're experiencing has a lot in common with some other customers that had faulty routers. I'll pop a private message over to you to put you in touch with the team that can help further with this.

To access your private messages click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages"

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

leeann150980
Fledgling

I’m having the same issue with mine, worked fine for the first month, but now will only work on 4g with very low speeds. Tried resetting and contacted customer service and they couldn’t fix the problem either. Think this router needs replaced.

apart from the 4g only connection, any devices connected to the router keeps loosing connection, very frustrating when working.

Kevingoode
Regular

Hi is there anything we can do to force the router NR5103E to connect via 5g. Mine was until the problems on Friday and even after factory reset made no difference. Sure on the older firmware I could go into advanced on the connection setting to force it to connect to 5g rather than 4g.

Nicksb158
Fledgling

@JonathanB I’m also having the same issues. Thought it was a problem with a mast so I stuck a spare (alternative network sim) I use for work in the 5G router and got instant 5G signal. Used that for a while but then tried the Three sim again recently and still not getting any 5G, despite getting it perfectly on my phone (with the same 3 sim). I’ve got the Zyxel hub with B10 software. Thanks!