Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G hub crashing Deco mesh

agunning
Fledgling

I have been using a 4G ZTE router with my Deco E4 home mesh system with no problems, after upgrading to a 5G ZTE MC888 the Deco keeps crashing and saying no internet!

if I connect directly to the ZTE unit WiFi with my phone it has internet access. 
I have to reset it temporarily disconnect the Deco unit for the mesh system to work again!! 

Switching back to the 4G hub works but this is not really a solution having just upgraded!!
three technical helpline was useless. 

anyone had similar issues?

5 REPLIES 5
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @agunning,

It looks like we've had a similar issue reported in the past with a deco mesh system:NR5103E hub no longer compatible with Deco M9 mesh system 

In that case the OP changed their APN to a manual profile and used three.co.uk as the APN instead of the default 3internet one.

I think this may be similar to the issue FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection so if you try setting a manual APN profile with the APN 3internet but for IPv4 only, this may also work. The tech teams should also be able to set you to IPv4 only from their side if you're having trouble doing this from your router's settings.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

agunning
Fledgling

Thanks Jonathan 

switching to access point worked but then I upgraded to an X50 to get above 100Mbps and that’s working ok in WiFi router mode so I’ll just leave it alone now it works 🤣

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Totally understandable, I reckon one or both of the fixes should help with this, but can also understand just leaving well alone if it's currently working. If you do happen to run into the issue again. I'd try out these APN tweaks, and please let us know if they work. 🙂

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

sitrap_c
Regular

Since 19th March my XE75 Deco is displaying Red lights, indicating no internet access. The 3 decos are in access mode, connected via ethernet as spurs from a wired Ethernet lan connected to the NR5103E. It appears that there is now a block placed to prevent the Deco from detecting whether there is a live internet connection. Everything is working, but the Decos have a red light and their web gui is showing the internet is offline. Will there be another firmware update to fix this ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sitrap_c,

I've moved your post to this topic as it seems to be a similar issue. I'm not aware of a new firmware update dropping in the last couple of days, so I think it's more likely that IPv6 rolled out in your area. If that's the case, the suggestions on my reply to @agunning should sort this.

Thanks,
Jonathan