cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo Switch DNS

wanokuni
Fledgling

Hi all, recently had trouble with my Switch connecting to Wi-Fi with a DNS error. At first I thought this was the Broadband and I went through the steps and eventually got a replacement SIM. It still isn’t working and I don’t want to have to pay for a new router (out of warranty). I’ve tried the manual DNS method but can’t really find much else. I’m not great with this kind of thing so any patient help is much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wanokuni,

This issue seems to have cropped up for a couple of devices recently, although the thread was initially about VPN it seems to help with some device connectivity issues too: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

There's some info there about setting a manual APN on IPv4 only that may help. You could also try enabling UPNP when using games consoles as that tends to help with these.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ian_d
Fledgling

I'm having the same Nintendo switch issue, worked fine on my previous virgin broadband. Now I have three as a new provider today. All of my other devices so far connect fine, but the Nintendo does the same issue as you describe 

"Could not connect to the internet

Could not perform DNS name resolution"

please help, my son is gutted