cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
Sjaybee
Fledgling

I'm having similar issues with Sky Q and Three 5G but neither Sky nor Three seem to be much use. I've learnt more from the Sky and Three forums than from the providers themselves.

All working okay (pretty average) to a week ago then intermittent internet connection on Sky Q and no downloads possible. Three and Sky just pointing the finger at each other but neither offering any constructive help. 

philmanderson
Regular

I too am experiencing the same issues. I have 4g broadband, experienced no issues with Sky Q until very recently. Other threads mention Sky have not made any recent changes however Three have - adult content being one. The issue I experience is network connection on Sky Q dips in and out flagging connected/not connected. There is a steady network connection to broadband router but it is connection to internet that flashes between ✔️ and x every 5 seconds or so.  I have tried altering DNS - no resolve. Could I also receive a PM with further instructions 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @philmanderson@Mr_Mac@Ryan26@Sjaybee@pmf1@Nathen2022 and @Jamesw 

I'm really sorry you've faced a similar issue using Sky services on the Three network, but thanks to all for sharing your experiences here.

I've sent each of you a PM with the next best steps, so we can investigate this problem further.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Dazzar
Established

Is there any update re this as it’s been several weeks now and either sky or 3 need to compensate for the lack of being able to use the TV service when the company where the fault lays is identified.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Dazzar, did you view the PM we sent you here on the community and follow the steps to join a webchat? If not, have a look and pop over when you can.

From there we can securely access your account, makes sure the details are passed on to our technical team and do all we can to help move things forward for you.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

p1d9m73
Active

@StephR hi. I've joined the webchat via the link sent to my dm and I've had 1 update via email, I have told them via email that changing the dns to 1.1.1.1 seems to solve the problem(but only If you use mesh system as the three routers dns can't be changed)and I suggested that maybe three could update their router settings to set the dns to 1.1.1.1? but all I got back was, we are glad the issue has been solved,would you like the case closing and marked as solved. I have said no because the issue isn't solved, there are still hundreds of people out there that can't change the dns. As the issue seems to be the dns setting, why can't the router be updated with the dns that works?

Mr_Mac
Active

Steph,

Can you advise me where I can access the DMs on this forum please.

Mr_Mac
Active

Ignore me , I found it 🙂

mikec87
Fledgling

Hi, I have the same issue can I be PM with the next steps please. 

philmanderson
Regular

As an update I have changed the DNS settings to 1.1.1.1. on both Sky Q and on the Three router admin settings and it works - although very slow to download compared to before there was an issue.