cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no 5G with NR5103

MJW-GTR
Active

My router has updated to the .12 firmware but still not getting 5G, only 4G

This both the same at my house and my dad's except he gets 4G+.

Any suggestions?

33 REPLIES 33
Booey
Fledgling

Just checked this thread https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/NR5103E-No-5G-Tried-everything/td-p/9678 and all bars were always green as is the globe, even did the quiz at fix a problem link and nothing fixed it. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Booey,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Thanks for getting in touch. This sounds like it could be a faulty router.  I'll send you a private message so we can direct you to more help.

To access your messages, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AndrewM
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, I’ve spent the last two days reading about 25 forums on this very issue.

Thanks for all your advice. My device circles from 4G+ (excellent) > 5G (no signal) > No Sim Installed. I’ve done the manual band selection and have managed to get it to work on 4G only but when I first had the device, I was getting speeds of 150-180MBPS. Now it’s 35-55MBPS. I’ve done every reset going, phoned three 3 times with each call lasting nearly two hours and was on the verge of returning the router. 4G+ is just about useable, but - up to this point - I’ve been hotspotting my phone with no issues. So I know 5G works indoors and I can see the very nearby mast from my window! In fact, the houses at the mast have the same postcode as me.

I’ve been told of mast issues, which don’t appear online. I’ve been told of poor 5G indoor coverage (which isn’t true with my iPhone) and that there’s no issue with my device. I work a lot on the road, so I’ve tried to grab a moment here and there to sort this - but it worked perfectly for 2 weeks and for the past 6 has been hopeless. 4G is a useful stopgap but I have no idea how to get them to replace the unit. The 5G signal rate is off the scale and I’d have expected to see something - so I’m just trying to get the service I’m paying for 😞

Andrew

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Andrew,

Sorry I missed this one initially, I have responded to your more recent post and sent you a PM yesterday so we can hopefully get this sorted out for you.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.