cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

92 REPLIES 92
bulldog555
Involved

@456  Maybe you can purchaed it from amazon and try it? https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZTE-MC801A-HyperBox-5G-unlocked/dp/B095XC8S38

Involved

Thanks for that, but NO WAY IN HELL am I spending £200+ pounds on a router in addition to what I already pay Three. I can't afford that, nor should I have to. 😢

bulldog555
Involved

I have PM you

Involved

Ok, HUGE issues here AGAIN. All of a sudden, half of my devices WOULD NOT CONNECT to the internet. It seems that the issues stems from the router starting to assign ipv6 addresses to all the connected devices, instead of ipv4.

I was able to get all the devices re-connected by following the instructions from this thread:

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/FYI-IPv6-Prevented-VPN-Connection/m-p/14851#M2605

HOWEVER - my speeds have now dropped from 500+megs to 100megs. Is there a way for the router itself to use ipv6 to connect to Three but for all my home devices to use ipv4 to connect to the router? 🙏

devaraja
Active

Hi again @456 ,

For me the speed bump only lasted one day, the next day my speed got downgraded back to 120mbps.

At this point i'm not sure what else to do. looks like three support does not knows what is the issue.

so you set you modem to ipv4 and the conection went down to 100 meg again ?

Involved

Exactly. The only way for my devices to connect to the router again was to set it all to ipv4. If set to ipv6, the speeds go up, but my devices won't connect as the router assigns them ipv6 addresses.

A COMPLETE AND UTTER MESS, @JonathanB. I am sick and tired of having to deal with this for months on end.

bulldog555
Involved

I left Three and Smarty. They are pretty rubbish now! I just had enough of them!

Involved

It's utterly UNBELIEVABLE how little they care about helping their customers and the numerous issues plaguing their services and equipment. I have been dealing with problems for 8 months now. EIGHT MONTHS. Unacceptable.

devaraja
Active

I did a quick test today, by changing the APN from 3internet to three.co.uk, and I'm able to get my speed back, so is not an issue with the modem or with the mast/antenas is three internally that are restricting the trafic.

The issue is that i need my public IP so i cannot use three.co.uk for day to day usage.

bulldog555
Involved

I agree but best way leave them don't let take any monies from you if the service are unaccetable for 8 months you got problem with them. They won't care about customers anyway.