cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of any connection for Google home devices, Alexa ans Google TV....

Lairddoogle
Fledgling

Hi there,

Sorry if this is something that has been raised before. I have a ZTE mc801a... It's been working fine for a few months without issue...

We woke up yesterday to find that all of our Google home devices, Google TV's and Amazon Alexa devices had lost connection.... The Google devices are connected but can't get through to their respective servers (Google's answer not mine)

After basically disconnecting everything..resetting it and reconnecting it one at a time... It appears to be the router... If I take the SIM out put it in a phone and turn on a hotspot the devices will work ... Put that same SIM back in the router and connect a device to it... The issue reappears...

The only thing I can think of is a firmware upgrade to the router but can't see why it would specifically affect those devices ... My phone and tablet and computer all still work ....

Any help would be much appreciated... It would be nice to watch TV this week!!

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about all the disruption you've been facing with these devices the last couple of days. I've passed on feedback about these issues, and we're looking into what would be causing them.

In the meantime, there may be a workaround that has helped users that were experiencing issues with connecting their PS5's that started around the same time. So it's worth trying the solution on the thread: PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub 

If you do try this, please let me know if it works and what devices are affected.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

21 REPLIES 21
Dann2000
Regular

I'm having exactly the same issue since yesterday, alexas no longer responding, LGTv also down but apple tv still connected. Very odd, not technical so unsure where to start in fixing. 

pettitad
Fledgling

I’m having exactly the same issue. It started with my Sonos sound system. I thought it was a fault with the speakers. But I realised today that nothing on my Smart TV is working either. I can connect to the internet absolutely fine on phone/laptop etc.

But you’re right, it seems to be an issue in reaching the servers not with the internet connection.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about all the disruption you've been facing with these devices the last couple of days. I've passed on feedback about these issues, and we're looking into what would be causing them.

In the meantime, there may be a workaround that has helped users that were experiencing issues with connecting their PS5's that started around the same time. So it's worth trying the solution on the thread: PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub 

If you do try this, please let me know if it works and what devices are affected.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Lairddoogle
Fledgling

Hi,

This seems to have worked for me.

If anyone is confused by the instructions follow the steps below.

1. Login to your routers management page by typing in 192.168.0.1. The password is on the bottom of the router under the WiFi details.

2. If on a phone switch to PC mode at the bottom of the screen above the copyright notice.... If on a computer you should be ok.

3. In the "my router circle" click on settings under the 5g title.

4.Then.click on APN.

5. Toggle the mode to manual.

6. Set profile name to Three 

7.set apn to three.co.uk

8. Authentication should read NONE

9. Make sure PDP is on IPV4 

10. Everything else should be blank.

11. Click on set as default in the bottom right.

12. Let the router save for a few moments.

Hopefully your internet should be back to normal....

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I have an update on this, we think we've narrowed down where the issue is coming from, and would like to check this out further with you all. I've sent everyone that has posted on this thread a private message with some instructions.

To view your private messages on the community. Click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages"

Thanks,
JonathanB

Beauty_TheBeast
Fledgling

Hi all, just reviving this post as I have a similar issue and wanted to ask for help (@JonathanB maybe can help?).

I'm a brand new 3 customer and using the Smart 5G Hub (Zyxel NR5103E) with the Google WiFi mesh system. As recommended by Google, the Zyxel device is in IP Passthrough mode, and the Google WiFi is the only device connected to the Zyxel (via Ethernet in LAN1 port). All other devices are connected to Google WiFi. The issue I'm having is that all the devices are connected to the Internet just fine, I can browse just fine and stream on my Smart TV. 

However, the Google WiFi pucks report as offline in the Google Home App. This is weird as I know they work and I can browse via them (they used to be absolutely fine with my previous ISP). I have tried restarting them, restarting the Zyxel, but nothing. I'm now down to two potential issues: either IP Passthrough being a problem (but I don't see why it would?) or the APN being an issue (it's still using the default one, which I assume is 3internet on the Zyxel). Can anyone help? JonathanB I've seen you mentioned you may have a fix. Thanks!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Beauty_TheBeast,

I'll do my best to help. With the original posts on this thread, it related to an issue with the ZTE MC801A router rather than the Zyxel NR5103E, however, there definitely could be some similarities.

There's some advice on Eero 5 Wifi Mesh + NR5103E IP Passthrough that might help here.

Also although the thread was started primarily for VPN issues, FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connectionhas some info on setting the APN manually and to IPv4 only that seems to have been really helpful for a lot of device connectivity issues.

Let me know if either of these threads seem to help you find a solution.

Thanks,
Jonathan

kevinaj9160
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,

My Alexa Echo Dot is not getting connected to Three 5G Hotspot Hub. It was working fine until recently it is no longer getting connected.

I tried connecting my Alexa to a mobile hotspot and it worked. So the issue is with the 5G Hub. How can I fix this?

Thank you

GinnyP
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan

we are experiencing this issue with a doorbell not connecting.  We tried our sim in a huawei router and all worked fine.

tried all the other suggestions so would appreciate the extra info if you don’t mind.

thanks