cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Router won’t connect with sky puck.

MrMWB
Regular

My aunt has a 5g router and it works perfectly with every device apart from one her sky puck. Well that’s the case for the last 3 weeks anyway, before that it worked perfectly fine with the sky puck, now every time I try and connect it to the sky puck the ip address can’t be found by the puck. I’ve even tried connecting it via Ethernet cable and have the same issue. I got in touch with Sky and had them send out a new puck believing that to be the issue, but the same issue happens with the new sky puck. I contacted Three via phone last week and they did some background checks and found nothing wrong. I’m at a total loss as to what to do. My aunt is disabled and watches a lot of tv so it’s important we get this fixed. I’m not currently at my Aunts flat so I can’t check or do anything currently, but any advice would be very appreciated for when I’m next there. Thank you for reading.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MrMWB,

This could be related to the issue described on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection, although the initial post was about VPNs, some users have reported that setting their router to a manual APN and IPv4 only has helped with some device connection issues.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried rebooting your router? I have two Sky pucks and had this issue with one of them and restarting the router solved my problem.

MrMWB
Regular

Yeah, done all that when I was on the phone to three last week. Rebooted, pressed the reset button, and rebooted sky puck.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MrMWB,

This could be related to the issue described on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection, although the initial post was about VPNs, some users have reported that setting their router to a manual APN and IPv4 only has helped with some device connection issues.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

MrMWB
Regular

Thanks, I’ll give this a try next time I’m there 👍🏻

MrMWB
Regular

That worked, thank you so much. One happy aunt now 👍🏻