cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of any connection for Google home devices, Alexa ans Google TV....

Lairddoogle
Fledgling

Hi there,

Sorry if this is something that has been raised before. I have a ZTE mc801a... It's been working fine for a few months without issue...

We woke up yesterday to find that all of our Google home devices, Google TV's and Amazon Alexa devices had lost connection.... The Google devices are connected but can't get through to their respective servers (Google's answer not mine)

After basically disconnecting everything..resetting it and reconnecting it one at a time... It appears to be the router... If I take the SIM out put it in a phone and turn on a hotspot the devices will work ... Put that same SIM back in the router and connect a device to it... The issue reappears...

The only thing I can think of is a firmware upgrade to the router but can't see why it would specifically affect those devices ... My phone and tablet and computer all still work ....

Any help would be much appreciated... It would be nice to watch TV this week!!

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about all the disruption you've been facing with these devices the last couple of days. I've passed on feedback about these issues, and we're looking into what would be causing them.

In the meantime, there may be a workaround that has helped users that were experiencing issues with connecting their PS5's that started around the same time. So it's worth trying the solution on the thread: PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub 

If you do try this, please let me know if it works and what devices are affected.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

21 REPLIES 21
AVW
Fledgling

I have just changed to the ZTE MF286R 4G router and am getting the same problems: Alexa Dot not connecting to WIFi at all, Certain LG TV Apps not connecting to their servers (Netflix and Tube)

AVW
Fledgling

Logging in to the router I see the APN is 3internet do I need to change this? If so I would like some step by step guidance please. Also note a thread on Amazons forum showing someone else with the same router and same problem on 5th Nov 23

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 11.31.57.png