cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connected but no internet

NT
Regular

I have a NR5103E broadband hub.  Last week my Hitachi TV & Amazon Firestick connected to the internet & worked fine.  After an overnight outage on Friday night 11th Aug to Saturday morning of the Three service in my area (DE24), these two device now connect to the wifi but have no internet connection.  I have searched high & low for solutions, everything from rebooting everything (which I have done more than once to all devices) to 'if these don't work contact your service provider'.  But of course, there is no means to contact Three that I can find on-line. Even the 'have you contacted our Broadband team' in these forums simply takes you to the Online forums.  Short of curtailing my Three contract and going to a more reliable cable suipplier, does anybody have the solution?  Or can anybody point me to how to contact Three, other than a phone number? And if somebody does post a solution, how on earth will I know that a solution has been posted?

Best solution
Best solution
NT
Regular

After much further trawling, I found Anvil Iron's post  FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection solved my problem also.  Doing exactly as stated, my connectivity issues have been resolved.  If only 3 would properly road test their system & firmware updates much more rigorously...

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

First thing to try is the sim card in a phone. It will show if the cell is transmitting data to the phone but this is no guarantee that the broadband is also working.

The best people to try are the social media team

NT
Regular

Thanks for the response.  I know the SIM is ok, phones & things are connecting to internet via WiFi.  Had the same problem a few weeks ago with the TV but it miraculously corrected itself  & I assumed TV was on the blink.  I've done much more investigation this time & am positive it is the 3 network, unless TV & firestick simultaneously failed!!!  Thanks for link to their social media team, will be on to them tomorrow.

Best solution
NT
Regular

After much further trawling, I found Anvil Iron's post  FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection solved my problem also.  Doing exactly as stated, my connectivity issues have been resolved.  If only 3 would properly road test their system & firmware updates much more rigorously...

Chilly
Fledgling

just wanted to say big thank you to NT and Anvil iron's post I followed  their advice and its worked everything has now connected much more help than 3 👍👍👍👍👍