Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MC801A Wan IP lease time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Has anyone noticed the wan IP lease time is short? I mean mine changes around every 23-24 hours, and sometimes every 6 hours, I have no idea if its my signal, as its at NR5RSRP: -57, RSRP: -104 and RSRQ: -10, i was wondering if its due to fact my RSRP and RSRQ are slightly high any help would be good, if i put hub in 4G mode, this issue doesn't happen, from what I've seen. also does it with hub internal and external antennas. without antenna my NR5RSRP is in the high 90's/ low 100

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi AshOnFire1989,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Can you help me understand the situation in a little more detail? Does this cause issues with your network or devices connections in some way? I'm happy to look into this, but it will help me direct my enquiries if I can explain the impact it has on you as a customer.

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know three are dynamic IP, but the length it stays for isn't long, it would disconnect in the middle of gaming for example..

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply. I'll raise the question and see if there's anything that can be done, or any explanation we can share.

To my knowledge, we can't change the timescales on this, but I can understand the frustration of being disconnected in the middle of online gaming, so I'll see what I can find out.

Off hand, I'd imagine that rebooting the router ought to push you to a new IP and start a new lease? Doing this before you start a gaming session should hopefully minimise disconnections.

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for reply, i can do but depends how long that session stays for, as I've had times were it would renew 5-6 hours later, then other times 23-24 hours.

Thanks