cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZyXEL NR5103EV2 WiFi password problems with Kindle and some other odd devices

Psmithson
Active

Hi,

This is a strange one. I have recently got a Three router (NR5103EV2) and connected up FireTV, Fire Tablet, Amazon dots, Ring doorbell, phones, computers etc but my 1 month old Kindle and my wife's older Kindle Oasis will not connect to the WiFi. Unless - I connect them to the guest WiFi then they are fine. Otherwise, they complain that the password is incorrect. I have a very simple password that I set myself so it's hard to get wrong. I have tried about 10 times with no luck.

The guest WiFi is fine for those but now my Linux PC has exactly the same issue. I can workaround it by using an older USB dongle. Also, a WiFi to Ethernet thing I have for the wired CCTV has some issues (not sure if they are the same ones TBH).

Why on earth would the guest WiFi work for the Kindle but not the normal WiFi? I'm hoping that if I can fix that, the other more obscure devices will also work.

Thanks

Peter

Update - everything other than the SSID name and passwords are defaulted to normal settings. For example, WPA2-PSK on both networks. I'm connecting to the 2.4GHz in both cases. Router firmware is V1.00(ACIR.0)C0 and the Kindle firmware is whatever the latest one is!

3 REPLIES 3
Psmithson
Active

Update (again) - Linux seems to have sorted itself out (I only just got the driver working at all this morning). So just the Kindle issue really.

Snomys
Fledgling

I also have this issue with the Kindle specifically. Is there any resolution, other than using the guest network?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Snomys,

It's worth checking out this thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection, although the OP initially encountered a VPN issue, changing the APN profile to Manual, and using APN 3internet with PDP type IPV4 seems to help with quite a few device connectivity issues.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.