cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring old number using PAC code

hutchison3guk1
Regular

anyone had much experience with transferring a mobile number via text/PAC code? How quick or easy have you found the process to be?

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

Moved to 3 from EE a couple of months ago and it was not seamless as something got lost and I had to give 3 my PAC code over the phone.

LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @hutchison3guk1!

Transferring your number from an other provider to Three couldn't be easier 🙂 You can fill a form out just here.
Using the form can take 24-48 working hours so doesn't include bank holidays or weekends keep in mind 🙂

Failing that, and you prefer to speak to someone you can call 333 customer services and they can assist too! Other than that, pop into your local Three store and we can happily assist.

ArieVanderwyst
Fledgling

Filling in that form doesn't work because after filling twice the same number it comes up saying the numbers don't match ???!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ArieVanderwyst,

I'm sorry we didn't pick up on your post till now. You've replied on quite an old thread. Did you manage to arrange your port in?

I'm not aware of any other reports of this, so it may have been a temporary error, or the formatting when you filled this in.

Make sure the number is entered all as one block, and that there aren't any spaces at the beginning or end of the number, this can sometimes happen if copy pasting into a form.

If you still need any help sorting out a port, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jayz
Regular

Seems to be a nightmare to port your number to Three, they have failed me 4 times and i'm not happy at all.

Been given wrong advice, told i'm in the wrong and blame on other network. Yet a PAC code is simply just that!

LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jayz.

That's not great to hear! How have you tried doing it? Is it via the online form, or customer services over the phone or webchat? 

If you haven't got it sorted already give them a call on 333, Option 3 is the quickest way to get through to an advisor and I'm sure they will be able to support.

Jayz
Regular

Thanks for the reply LeeT.

Have tried all three options, originally the online form, then webchats and customer services over the phone.

Tied up with work today and will call one last time tomorrow, but sadly its coming to cancellation time as cooling off period ends end of this week. 😐