cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone - proof of blacklisting and usage

treefiddy
Fledgling

I have been trying now for 2 weeks to get my IMEI i used with three blacklisted. 

I have sent multiple emails to the proofs address and received no response. 

Online chat have been very unhelpful, either saying the phone is blacklisted when it isnt, or saying that they can't blacklist it because the phone wasn't purchased via three, or saying that the issue will be sorted in a few days and then nothing happens!

Very frustrating, all I need is proof of blacklisting and usage so I can proceed with my insurance claim!

I had a similar issue with another carrier and they did all of this without any issues!

28 REPLIES 28
Geluk
Key player

Try sending them a message on Twitter;

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, treefiddy. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting the details you need in order to claim on your insurance. 

The mentioned that you had sent emails to our proofs address, was it proof of purchase that you were sending to the team? Can you confirm the address you sent that information to? 

Pete. 

treefiddy
Fledgling

I sent proof of purchase to proofs@3mail.com, including my details and the IMEI to be blocked. This was 2 weeks ago

StephR
Employee
Employee

Thanks for confirming this, @treefiddy. We'll need to take a look at your account to move things forward for you.

I've sent you a private message with some further steps, so we can do that. Tap your avatar and then Messages to check your inbox.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

NikkiDB
Fledgling

I am going through this right now and it's shockingly bad service!!  Over 3 weeks now I have been constantly calling and chasing my proof of usage and proof of blacklisting only to be told each time it will "be with you tomorrow at the latest".  I was told last week that 100% I would have it on March 12th...nothing.  Called today and was told that the request is being sent through and I would have it in 48 hours - the same request I have been told has been sent through 7 times now.  I am just being lied to and I can tell the scripts they have been given to get you off the phone now - it's horrendous.  I am going to look at leaving Three because I have lost all trust in them - they have no idea what they are doing and no one is truthful with you.  Such a stressful experience and it's far from over.  😞

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NikkiDB,

I've sent you a private message to direct you to some colleagues that can help further.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jaimemanchester
Regular

Hi me too has yours now been resolved

lucypalmer
Fledgling

I am experiencing a similar issue now. I have been trying to get my stolen phone blacklisted for a week so that I can claim a new one on my travel insurance and I keep getting bounced around and told to wait another 48 hours. I get nothing after 48 hours, call again and get told to wait another 48 hours. I need this doing ASAP before I run out of time to make my insurance claim. What's the best way to make sure this is actually done?!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lucypalmer,

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting so long for the proof documents. I'll send you a private message to direct you to more help with this.

To find your private messages, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.