cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone - proof of blacklisting and usage

treefiddy
Fledgling

I have been trying now for 2 weeks to get my IMEI i used with three blacklisted. 

I have sent multiple emails to the proofs address and received no response. 

Online chat have been very unhelpful, either saying the phone is blacklisted when it isnt, or saying that they can't blacklist it because the phone wasn't purchased via three, or saying that the issue will be sorted in a few days and then nothing happens!

Very frustrating, all I need is proof of blacklisting and usage so I can proceed with my insurance claim!

I had a similar issue with another carrier and they did all of this without any issues!

28 REPLIES 28
Lron
Fledgling

Please can you contact me regarding the same issue. I reported the phone lost to three and had to ask several times on the phone and chat for proof of the IMEI number being blocked. On the third attempt I was given the proofs email address. I need to claim on my insurance asap.  On all the customer service and chats they tried to sell me things like Cafe Nero coffees if I added a service - no one wants this.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lron,

Sorry for the delay in responding here, I've just sent a reply to your more recent post, and a private message to direct you to more help with this.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Positivelychar
Fledgling

Hi

I am going through the same thing re: IMEI and not getting blacklisted. It's been 3 weeks, 16 calls and tonnes of live chats and I've had nothing but stress.

A complaint didn't help either.

Getting my phone stolen wasnt as stressful as getting anything from 3.

Worst customer service ever - please get in touch asap before I contact Ofcom. 

sathisha
Fledgling

I’m going through the same issue. I have called so many times and they keep saying 48 hours but nothing happened 

my phone was stole on the 5th May 23 it’s nearly 4 weeks and nothing done. I’m so done with three I have been with them for 20 years. I can’t believe their service. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sathisha,

I'm sorry to hear about all these delays with you receiving your proof documents. In case you're still waiting on these I'll send you a private message to direct you to a team that can help further.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jaimemanchester
Regular

Hi me too has yours now been resolved? . 

purplelotus
Fledgling

My phone was stolen almost 3 weeks ago and I'm having this issue too. I have had numerous back and forth phone calls and live chat conversations. Some advisers say my phone has been blacklisted, others say it hasn't. I can't even get live chat transcripts when I enter my email address via the app. Subsequent requests for transcripts have me going round in circles.

My contract is ending in November and after 15 years of being a loyal Three customer.

Romil
Fledgling

I'm waiting for a month now calling every week, asking them to help now after one month they said they cant help because their system shows them wrong date. Today was the worst response from the Customer care service team, I told them its the worst service I have ever seen, and they said if you want you can go to other carriers after you finish your contract. I was so disappointed.still waiting for solution. Its better to leave this company as soon as you can, they are not even sorry, they will be rude with you. I'm so upset and frustrated with them, as they are doing nothing .

Naveenreddy93
Fledgling

Its super frustrating when EE and other carrier can provide the same documents in 3 days why does 3 network needs more than 1 month to issue the same document and I have lost my phone yesterday when I called in today morning to get the proof of Usage and blacklisting the customer care team said they need 1week to confirm if they have received proof of purchase and another 1 week form there to issue the documents, in the past I have struggled for nearly 45 days calling every day and I am honestly fed up with three just waiting for my contract period.