cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen phone - proof of blacklisting and usage

treefiddy
Fledgling

I have been trying now for 2 weeks to get my IMEI i used with three blacklisted. 

I have sent multiple emails to the proofs address and received no response. 

Online chat have been very unhelpful, either saying the phone is blacklisted when it isnt, or saying that they can't blacklist it because the phone wasn't purchased via three, or saying that the issue will be sorted in a few days and then nothing happens!

Very frustrating, all I need is proof of blacklisting and usage so I can proceed with my insurance claim!

I had a similar issue with another carrier and they did all of this without any issues!

28 REPLIES 28
PhilC80
Fledgling

Dear JonathanB 

I'm also experiencing a very similar issue, which has now been going on for 2 two weeks 

Phone stolen requested imei number to be barred so I able to claim on insurance, was told 48 hours then 72 hours for proof. Two weeks later is still showing as 'clean' so insurance company will not pay out. I can't believe it takes so long.

emthomas
Fledgling

Hi, I'm also having the same issue and have been waiting two weeks, please can you help? I can't claim on my insurance until I have evidence the IMEI has been blocked and have heard absolutely nothing from the proofs email address. 

emthomas
Fledgling

@JonathanB forgot to tag sorry

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @emthomas,

That's okay, sorry for the delay in getting to your post. We won't be able to produce the document you need on the community, but I have sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

emthomas
Fledgling

Thanks for getting back to me, just thought I'd update you on the shocking service I've been receiving. I contacted them on the 4th November and got through to someone who seemed very helpful and said my IMEI number would be blocked within 48 hours. Then I heard nothing so I contacted the social media webchat again on the 8th November, who informed me my request hadn't been sent to the team. I was then told that this would be sent to the correct team with the highest priority and that this would normally take 48 hours but as it had been marked high priority it would hopefully been sooner. I then sent a follow up email to the team on the 9th November, 24 hours later but haven't heard anything back from either that email or from the original chat. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @emthomas,

I'm really sorry to hear this still hasn't been sorted out. As I mentioned before I can't directly resolve this on the community forums but I'll check in with the team and see if I can do anything to get this moving forwards for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jaimemanchester
Regular

Hi me too has yours now been resolved

Lm23r
Fledgling

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue! Appalling service for something so simple. Proof of purchase and proof of IMEI has been sent to Three multiple times.

3 weeks of ignored emails and ineffective phone calls. All whilst my insurance company gets frustrated and a criminal who stole my device has likely been able to sell it with no issue due to Three's incompetence. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lm23r,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble in getting these proof documents issued. Hopefully this has been sorted in the meantime, but just in case you're still facing delays, I'll send you a private message to link you with a team that can help further.

To access your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Jaimemanchester
Regular

Hi me too has yours now been resolved?