cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive phone calls while roaming

Carok1
Fledgling

I am currently in India and cannot receive calls to my mobile.  I can receive SMS, make outgoing calls and use data but when people try to phone me from UK they get the message "this number is not able to accept calls".  I have tried different network providers. VoLTE is turned on.  Even when data roaming is turned on I cannot receive calls.  I have even paid for "Call abroad 100" in case it was a credit issue as well as increased the spend cap to £10.  I still can't receive calls.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and all the updates have been uploaded.  What's really odd is I was in India in July and didn't have any issues without doing any of the above actions.  The only thing I can find that might be causing a problem is that in the call barring settings "International calls except home" is turned on.  I did not turn it on.  When I try to turn it off it asks for a password.  I have tried 0000, 1234 and 1919.  None of these work.  I bought my phone new, directly from Samsung.  I am at a loss as to what to do and I really need to be able to receive calls.  Can you help?

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Carok1,

This sounds like you're having a really frustrating time, we'll do our best to help.

Call abroad is an add on for making calls from the UK to abroad so this won't affect incoming calls whilst abroad.

The spend cap can potentially affect incoming calls as these are chargeable in certain destinations such as India. Here's a link to the roaming the rates, just in case you haven't seen them. I'd expect if this was the issue you wouldn't be able to use data or call out though.

The call barring setting you've mentioned will be for outgoing calls from the sounds of things, so I'm not sure this is relevant either.

If you've tried manually selecting all available network providers, and are still having this issue, it's probably best that we get you in touch with a support team that can check your account, and also escalate this with our technical team if necessary,

I'll send you a private message with info to get you in touch with more support. To access your messages, click on your avatar in the top right of any community page, then "messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.