Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Emergency Alert Test

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Weโ€™re aware that a number of customers have not received yesterday's test alert. Weโ€™re working closely with the government to understand why and make sure it doesn't happen when the system is in use.

There's been a few threads created about this subject since yesterday, so I'll merge these together under this one.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Following the emergency alerts test yesterday, weโ€™ve been working with the government and have identified a technical issue that meant some of our customers didnโ€™t receive the alert. This morning our engineers deployed a fix meaning there will be no issue with future alerts.

There are no plans to run the test again, but Sunday's activity means an issue was identified and in a real emergency we can make sure everyone across the country gets an alert.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

49 REPLIES 49
a_ukboy
Active

Well I never received any alarm notification at 3pm, Iโ€™m connected to 5G ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Tajuddin786
Fledgling

I did get uk security alert today

I am leaving three network. 

This a very poor network. 

I will leaving soon. 

Tajuddin786
Fledgling

Why three network did get uk security alert today. 

I will be leaving three network soon.

Because its poor network. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

I got the alert but you can turn it off in the phone's settings.

GG189
Fledgling

I didn't get the alert either and would like to know why. I'm on 3's 4G with one or two bars, but my phone shows "WiFi Call". 

Since this was a test I would even more like to know how the government is going to find out about those of us whose phones didn't get the alert and what they might do about it.

a_ukboy
Active

My partner is on EE, also showing Wi-Fi call, he got his! I have a phone on Three and Vodafone, I didnโ€™t get on either phone! My brother has 3 phones in his house on EE, only 1 got it.. a friend of mine got it and heโ€™s on Three..,

Not sure itโ€™s purely a 3 problem!

sc1999
Local celebrity

It seems some phones default to wifi calling when others, like mine, on go to wifi calling when only 3g is available. 

Janeybobs
Fledgling

I didnโ€™t get the alert at 3 pm.

Alerts not disabled.

Iโ€™m on 5G 

sc1999
Local celebrity

So 5g is not all it's cracked up to be.