cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H+ and 3g switch off

freeflow
Regular

Hi at my location in rural Highlands I am mostly on only h+ and very occasionally 4g one bar poor reception.what will happen to h+ when 3g gets switched off?will they finally turn up the 4g signal and improve reception?or will I be left without service?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @freeflow,

For any areas which currently still only have 3G/H signal, we plan to upgrade the relevant masts to 4G. We don't expect any reduction in coverage overall, and there should be an increase to the network's capacity.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Good question and what happens to all smart meters?

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @freeflow,

For any areas which currently still only have 3G/H signal, we plan to upgrade the relevant masts to 4G. We don't expect any reduction in coverage overall, and there should be an increase to the network's capacity.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

robertm1988
Active

Seems like they are upgrading in my area, confirmed after doing a network status check. I now get 4G+ indoors on full bars today. It use to just be 4G with a bar or two down. Good too see the improvement. Maybe by town is one of the next to have 3G switch off.