cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving OTP messages

cvm0093
Fledgling

Hi All, Would anyone be able to help me with not receiving OTP sms messages. Ported over from 1p/ ee mobile over 7 days ago now and its been constant issues but finally got phone calls working yesterday and now only normal messages between people are working but not the automated OTP ones.

Customer service on the phone advised they are looking in to it but cant give me a time frame on when it will be resolved and advised to just wait but my cooling off period is coming to an end soon in addition to not being able to get anything done.

Is there any mods/ anyone with previous similar issue that can advise or help further please?

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
cvm0093
Fledgling

@JonathanB @JohnD @PeteG @SuziM 

If anyone could escalate/ look in to this would really appreciate it. Thank you

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cvm0093,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can escalate this for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ketchup701
Regular

To any moderators reading this:

I demand immediate attention resolving this issue, as I cannot access personal accounts.

Your support acknowledged the issue but closed the case without a timeline for a fix.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ketchup701,

We'll do our best to help. I just need to check a bit more detail with you, as you've posted on one thread about a general issue with OTPs, another where it was specifically Santander OTP's and you've mentioned issues accessing personal accounts in your post but it's not quite clear from the context what you mean by that.

Can you let me know if this is an issue with receiving any OTP whatsoever, from your bank, or when you say personal accounts do you mean with the verification texts that Three send?

If you can let me know a bit more info then I'll help you get in touch with more support.

Are you receiving normal texts from mobiles?
Have you ported in from another network provider, or using a number that Three have supplied to you?
Has this always been an issue since joining Three, or has it started more recently?

Let me know on the above and I should be able to help get this escalated for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ketchup701
Regular

Hi Johnathan,

Thanks for your reply!

I cannot receive OTPs from most services, eg: Santander, HMRC, NHS, Vanguard, NS&I.

Only OTPs coming from Three login work.

I can receive all other type of text messages. I have coverage. I have restarted my phone, and I tried switching phones too. There are no blocked numbers in my text message app. I have not recently ported from another network, and I was able to receive OTPs from Three for years, the problem started 1 month ago.

Thanks for helping.

JohnM
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @ketchup701 

This is not ideal! 

Let's get this sorted, I have sent you a PM with a link to our Colleagues who can help more with this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

John M

ketchup701
Regular

Hi John, thanks,

from the forum it is clear that multiple people have encountered a similar issue, yet no solutions have been posted. It would be ideal if you could explain a bit more about the nature of the problem and provide an estimated time for a fix to avoid frustration.

Has the issue been resolved for the people posting earlier?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ketchup701,

Sorry I've not had any specific feedback on this issue, but I will try and find out more. Did you manage to make contact with the team John mentioned?

Thanks,
Jonathan

manasakonda
Fledgling

Hi,

Is there any progress on this case? I am in similar situation not receiving any OTP's, mini-statements from banks, 3rd party websites or any other Businesses. Please, some one is there to help with it? Any help is much appreciated