cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation Remote Play

crackheeeerd
Regular

Can I access my Playstation at home using Ps remote play on the three network?

Thanks

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @crackheeeerd,

That's certainly worth a try, generally the APN settings should be correct after resetting network settings but there are a couple of different APNs you can try. three.co.uk and 3internet are both options you can use so perhaps compare the results on each of these APNs to see if the results are different?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @crackheeeerd,

Welcome to the Three Community.

Coverage permitting, I'm not aware of any reason why you couldn't. For streaming games I'd expect you'd need either 4G signal, or for best results 5G. Was this a general question, or are you running into difficulties with this?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

crackheeeerd
Regular

Afternoon JonathanB,

I am getting error codes while trying to connect over mobile data. The problem maybe with my router at home not allowing access. 
The main reason for asking the question was to narrow the fault down.

Thanks for you help.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'm with you, we'll do our best to help.

We don't specifically test consoles and game streaming to my knowledge, but I do remember a contact from one of the manufacturers showing me the Xbox cloud streaming service working on our network during a demo for one of their handsets. So like I mentioned, I'm not aware of anything that would stop this from working.

Just to understand the setup a bit better, is it your router, your phone, or both that are using Three? Are you able to share the error message? If we have a bit more detail I can potentially look into this further.

JonathanB

crackheeeerd
Regular

Morning JonathanB,

It is just my phone that is on the three network. 

The error code from the Playstation remote play app is “Cant connect to your PS5. (8801e209)”

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @crackheeeerd,

I'm having trouble finding out what 8801e209 means, unfortunately I'm only finding info from sites like Reddit rather than anything official from Sony/Playstation, and what I did read doesn't explain what actually causes the error.

You may find that consulting Sony's support will shed a bit more light on what the issue is.

I've a couple of ideas though.

From your phone, try resetting the network settings, this'll make sure your mobile data settings are up to date and correct.

I've also read that the remote play app has a setting to enable connecting over mobile data, so best to make sure that is switched on.

Are you able to test your phone on a WiFi network too, just to narrow down if it's only your mobile data that's the issue?

From the router, some issues with using gaming services can be resolved by enabling uPnP (Universal Plug and Play) in your router admin settings. You could also try port forwarding, which is a bit more complex, but if you can find advice on how to do this on your router, and the specific port numbers that Playstations use for remote play, this may sort the issue, assuming that it's your router/home network that is causing the problem.

Hope there's some helpful suggestions in there, not sure if you've already tried any of this. Let me know if any of this sorts it, or if you find out any more info about what that error code means.

JonathanB

crackheeeerd
Regular

Morning Jonathan,

Really appreciate your input on my issue. Thanks!

Ive reset network settings, remote over mobile is enabled in the app, ive put the PS5 on a static IP and enable forwarding. 

The issue is only on mobile. Works well over WIFI. 

One thing i have noticed is within the ps remote app there is a heading that says NAT. Whilst on WIFI this is NAT2. Whilst on mobile it says failed.

Could it be a 3 network setting? Some things online say to change APN settings?

Thanks again!

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @crackheeeerd,

That's certainly worth a try, generally the APN settings should be correct after resetting network settings but there are a couple of different APNs you can try. three.co.uk and 3internet are both options you can use so perhaps compare the results on each of these APNs to see if the results are different?

JonathanB

crackheeeerd
Regular

Jonathan! 

Changing the APN to 3internet has sorted it!

THANKS!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's excellent news! Hopefully this helps anyone else that runs into this issue in the future.🙂