cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre 2021 contract query

LynnA68
Fledgling

I have 3x 24month advanced sim Three Contracts, upgraded by phone call on 20 sept 21, to take advantage of the roam around the world. 
Never had an issue using it in USA & EU till now, was charged £50 for 10 days in USA in April.

After many attempts on chat to rectify, escalated to complaints etc, I’ve just been told that since the 24 months is up (oct 23) I will now incur charges. I was of the understanding that if I did nothing then the contract would roll with the same benefits unless I left or Three told me that this was no longer available, neither have happened!

They have no closed my complaint & wont honor my pre Oct 21 contract, they are adamant I have lost my included roaming , any advice or help please?

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Superstar

Make a complaint here. Once they have replied to your complaint with their final decision you can raise it with Ofcom. 

LynnA68
Fledgling

I have already, their decision is final, case closed! So I have to go to the ombudsman..

I was hoping someone else may have had the same issue or have still got the pre 2021 contract in place & receive the included roaming.

UKGOONER
Fledgling

Same thing happened to me: just had a bill for £50 of "daily charges" in USA when throughout 2022/23 this was always free. Now they are charging me £5 a day.

They insist i must have upgraded my contract after 2021, and cant seem to explain if that was the case why i have had 2 years free roaming in the USA 

LynnA68
Fledgling

Exactly the same with ours, no explanation to why it’s been free for two years!

Make a proper complaint, not just chat agent waffle. This is the final answer we got below & complaint was closed by Three….

1. We upgraded by phone call 20 sept ‘21, confirmed on chat by agent, but due to billing dates (2nd & 18th of month)  it’s classed as after the cut off date (not customers fault/we can’t determine our bill date!) so therefore not eligible.
2. Two year contract expired oct ‘23, so therefore the roaming has expired, even though we understood that it was a rolling contract until we upgraded or Three notified us that they could no longer continue with plan, this never happened! 

So basically they will make up anything to get out of giving you roaming to suit! They tried to offer money off charges to ‘resolve’ the issue, but we refused as it isn’t resolved and won’t be paid off! 

We have requested all 3 accounts PAC codes & were promptly contacted to try to keep our custom as ‘valued customers’, again refused their offer, not a bad offer, mainly out of principle!

Take a look at ‘Three Your Way’ plans, this gives a limited amount of days roaming which may suit you, but request your pac code which hopefully they’ll offer it to you at a good reduction rate like us!