cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Wifi - Dropped stations

TSR
Regular

Recently it appears that Three stopped supporting the Virgin WiFi networks on TFL underground stations, and instead we're meant to use Three_WIFI access points.

Unfortunately it appears there are stations in central London where Three no longer offers service. For example, the Northern Line at Waterloo no longer has access to WiFi in the underground. Although I can still see the Virgin AP, I don't see Three's. And of course, we can't login to the Virgin AP any more.

Is this a known issue, and is there a planned resolution for the problem?

25 REPLIES 25
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jazminoides,

We've passed on feedback regarding all the stations listed on this thread and are coordinating with a 3rd party supplier to resolve this. I'm sorry that this is taking a long time to sort out, but we are moving towards a solution.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the considerable delay, and thanks so much for your patience. I've been advised that the underlying issue should now be resolved. Can anyone that has been running into these issues confirm if they are now able to connect to Three_WIFI in the affected stations?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Tobrien
Fledgling

Hi JonathanB,

I have started seeing the network available at Elizabeth Line stations now. Signal is patchy at times, but by and large yes, it seems to be working.

Thanks,

T

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming this @Tobrien. Please let me know if you do come across any other stations where the service doesn't seem to be available, or if you find any other issues when connecting.

JonathanB

Madhu
Fledgling

I am having lots of issues connecting to three_wifi, everytime I try to connect, it states connecting then reverts back to saved. How can I ensure I get connected. Thanks Madhu

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Madhu,

This thread related to an issue where the three_wifi service was not broadcasting in a small number of stations. It sounds like you're finding the network, but are unable to connect?

I'd check this page first: Free Wifi on London Underground | Three

If you're still running into issues connecting can you let me know what make and model of phone you are using, what station or stations you're seeing this issue, and is this in all stations you've tested or just some of them?

Thanks,
JonathanB