cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Wifi - Dropped stations

TSR
Regular

Recently it appears that Three stopped supporting the Virgin WiFi networks on TFL underground stations, and instead we're meant to use Three_WIFI access points.

Unfortunately it appears there are stations in central London where Three no longer offers service. For example, the Northern Line at Waterloo no longer has access to WiFi in the underground. Although I can still see the Virgin AP, I don't see Three's. And of course, we can't login to the Virgin AP any more.

Is this a known issue, and is there a planned resolution for the problem?

25 REPLIES 25
TSR
Regular

Are you still able to login to that? I've tried, but there's no longer an option to login with three. Instead you get a placeholder instructing you to use the Three_Wifi AP. I suspect this *may* still work for people who logged in months ago before the change, but who knows for how much longer.

Definitely doesn't work for me on my new phone though:-(

TSR
Regular

Screenshot_20221112-151506.png

Ecs79
Fledgling

Is there any update to this? Having the same problem 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ecs79,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having difficulties connecting to the Underground Wi-Fi service. There's an ongoing investigation into why some stations don't have the Three_WIFI service showing.

Looking into this requires coordination with 3rd party suppliers, so unfortunately it's taking longer than I'd hoped, but I'm sure we'll get this sorted out, and I'll be sure to update the thread as soon as I have any news I can share.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Ecs79
Fledgling

Thanks. How do I make sure I get notified when there’s an update?

christhedj
Fledgling

I have just travelled from Woolwich to Paddington and back and only one station - Canary Wharf has a Three SSID and when it tried to use it, it said my connection was refused. Absolute mess.

Ecs79
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan

is there any update?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ecs79,

Sorry no news I can share yet. The investigation is still open. As soon as there's an update or fix we can share, I'll be sure to let you know.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

lilmonkey
Fledgling

I have been telling three for ages that all networks are available on the Elizabeth line except three. It's been months now. Very annoying 😑

Jazminoides
Fledgling

Still no Eliz line Three Wifi access.

Virgin appears to be disabled for Three users.

Is there any update?