cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole network speed issue

Griz
Fledgling

Having contacted 3 two weeks ago and being reassured that recent work had been carried out locally, I’ve had to contact them again today for an update. The previous advice was that the issue had been resolved and to keep restarting my devices to see the speeds return to normal. This hasn’t happened.

Today I’ve been told that it’s now a nationwide issue and the only advice is to wait for the issue to be fixed. 

What I would like to know is, having already waited 2 weeks and still paying for a service which has seen my speeds drastically reduce from 100s mbps to 20-30 if I’m lucky, how long am I expected to wait before I can cancel my services without being charged a cancellation fee. I’m already seeking alternative options from other providers. 

17 REPLIES 17
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Griz@Midnight54,

Sorry for all the disruption you've been facing with your connections lately.

The more widespread issue mentioned should be resolved now, but I don't think it's likely to be connected as you've mentioned these issues have been going on for a couple of weeks now, and that issue was much more recent, it may have been affecting the tech team's ability to investigate other issues though.

We're doing some work in the area you've both mentioned. Please let me know if you see any improvements over the next day or so.

@Angels I've also replied on your thread, it does look like this is also a local issue we're working on today.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Griz
Fledgling

On the contrary. This morning I ran a speed test on my phone through the WiFi router and received 380mbps. Then I tested my Apple TV connected by Ethernet and got 50mbps. Having just returned home I’ve ran another test on the tv and it’s now giving me 0.6mbps. The WiFi 0.5. My signal strength has dropped from 4 bars to 1.

Midnight54
Involved

The router has now connected to 4g+.  For my house this indicates we're connecting to the mast around the Brus sort of area of (I could confirm with the Cellmapper app if I went out)  .. unfortunately yup we only get 1 or 0 bars for that and lucky if a page even loads.......... however it is a positive hope that they may indeed be working on our mast by the golf course right now

Midnight54
Involved

Screenshot_2024-10-16-00-51-54-511_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

 oh and this is how bad the speed gets late at night last night, even slower than the daytime 

If do speedtests make sure to set the test to single stream else get skewed results which may have temp given the 380mbs when single file would've been less than a tenth of it

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Griz,

Sorry I could have been clearer there. There's work scheduled which should be ongoing now, please let me know if you see any improvements by this evening or tomorrow morning. There'll likely be some further disruption whilst the engineers are on site, but hopefully this addresses the problem you've been experiencing. If not, please let me know and I'll check into how we can escalate this further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Midnight54
Involved

Local tower now connected again,Hopefully not a sign that the work is finished as unfortunately same speeds, around 8-10mbps single stream.  Will monitor, no option but to 

Midnight54
Involved

The network status page now says once again there are no network issues after saying they were doing work earlier, but the problem still persists around 8-10mbps

Griz
Fledgling

Yeah, same. When I spoke to the online chat yesterday they said they’d call me today to discuss the issue but I haven’t received a call. My wife has had a missed call from an apparent 3 agent who spoke broken English and mumbled something neither of could understand by voicemail but she hasn’t even been in touch with them about the issue and I was logged in using my number when I requested the call. Just another day lost and no further forward