cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my nearest mast seems to be blocking my portable mifi from connecting to 3.

Krustylicious
Fledgling

Hi,

Newbie here. I recently migrated from smarty to 3, and when i had smarty one of the the mobile wifi devices i have, connected to the mast at 5g or lte speeds. Anyhoo i was unwell and wasn't using it much and then a good 3 deal came along and i popped that sim into the device in question, and i only get either limited services or 3g speeds, also the smarty sim then had the same speed issue. 

Today i tried again, and noticed that the sim was being rejected on the network in that device.

Why is this the case?

4 REPLIES 4
Krustylicious
Fledgling

I've just been browsing the forums and this post has had the same issue that i am experiencing https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Devices/Cannot-connect-over-4G-using-the-ZTE-MF833U1/td-p/5260 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Krustylicious,

Welcome to the Three Community, We'll do our best to help.

On that other thread, did you spot the link to our Network Status Checker? I'd double check that first in case there's any outstanding fault or maintenance that is relevant here.

Also just to check, when you say one of your devices, have you tested your Three SIM in any other device? It may help narrow down the issue if we can confirm if it's an issue affecting multiple devices, or just that one.

Let us know on the above and we'll check if that helps point in the right direction to get this solved. 🙂

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Krustylicious
Fledgling

Short answer yes

checked network status.

Yes. Two 3 sims are doing this along with the old smarty sim. a lycra mobile sim that works fine in it.

Status and detailed description

Note 9 - works fine with two 3 sims, upto 4g+ speeds
Zte mu5001, was working up to 5g with a smarty sim earlier this year. Now along with the 3 sims only connects at 3g.

This is the mast west of my post code since you are able to see those details. On that mast, i do see it sometimes connects to the ee network. But both come up as limited service, and as i've seen it fail registration on the 3 network i'm slightly confused.

I will try the zte unit in christchurch today.

Hopefully i can narrow down if the device is faulty, which i doubt given the usage and handling.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Krustylicious,

Thanks for this, just so you're aware, we don't retain information about your Three account when you register for the community, You are asked for a Three mobile number when registering, but this is just for verification purposes, so I can't see which postcode you're in, or what masts you're connecting to.

Let me know how the testing goes in the other location, I'll refer you onto some colleagues that can look into the area/mast angle if that does seem to be the cause.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.