cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely ridiculous account issues

chugabug
Fledgling

I ordered 5 PAYG sims recently. I used 5 different names and email addresses but for some reason they were all added to the same account (I assume the first purchase logged me in somehow).

Each order seemed to update the account details and change the account owner so I'm now left with the account owner being my 87 year old Mum.

When our data pack wasn't activated I went on to live chat. Foolishly instead of pretending I was my Mum I was honest and said that no, it was me and that the account details were wrong.

The customer service person then said I needed to change the account owner name on the app and gave me instructions. Of course, these didn't work. the account owner name is not changeable on the app or web - only the contact number.

But now they won't let me check up on the data pack because I'm not the account owner. After going round for ages telling them I am the account owner and it's a problem with their system they still refuse.

I then ask to make a complaint only to be told that in order to make a complaint about their validation process which doesn't work I have to go through their validation process (which doesn't work). 

I feel like I'm in some mad world here.

All it would take would be for them to check the original account owner. Or to use any of the contact methods to validate.

Or of course, I could have pretended to be my Mum as they have no way of knowing online I'm not. 

Ridiculous - and they seem unable to understand that it's their systems that are at fault here. 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

I lost count of the number if times l claimed to be my father. The usual comment was that I sounded very good for a man in my 80's. I replied that everyone said that, which was no lie as I only claimed to be him online.

chugabug
Fledgling

It's madness isn't it - that's how I did it in the end - though thankfully on chat.

It actually gets worse though. If you have multiple phones on the account and put other people's names as the contact for the phone, then they won't let you discuss the details of that phone. Only the person whose details are on there. Yet that person can't log in - only the account holder can log in. And, of course, the account holder can change the name on the phone to be their name if they want.

All ridiculous.