cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i switch on go roam on advanced plan

Kmcnamara91
Fledgling

I have an advanced plan and states I can use 12gb on eu data roaming. But I have received the text saying a charge of 1.67 has occurred and I can use data for 24 hours under the fair usage policy. I'm in lanzarote if that helps

I have data roaming turned on but how does it use the 12gb allocated? 

It keeps telling me to buy a £20 package. 

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Superstar

It’s £2 for 24 hours to activate roam like home and you can use upto 12GB of your allowance whilst abroad before incurring any further charges. Just be aware of your usage but you should get an SMS when you get close to the 12GB limit.

Kmcnamara91
Fledgling

Is the 1.67 charge text meant that its activated? I received another text stating another 1.67 charge but wasn't sure if this was a 2 quid a day thing or meant to be a one off .. I have no way of knowing if the 12gb is there to use ? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kmcnamara91,

Sorry for any misunderstanding the message is causing. The £1.67 is £2 excluding VAT. This triggers when you first make a call, send a text, or connect to data to access your allowances and you'll have access for the rest of the day.

The 12GB is per billing month and is a fair usage policy, it's just counted automatically as you use data abroad, so no need to do anything to set this up.

I think the £20 pack you're referring to is a 14 day Go Roam in Europe pass, which allows you to pay up front for a longer period. This will save you a bit compared to the £2 daily, if you've still got more than 10 days left on your trip, but it's not essential to purchase this if it's a shorter duration.

There's also an option for 3 days for £5 or 7 days for £10 in Europe.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.