cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register on-line and app account when using Three 5G router and not a mobile phone

SteveA
Active

I have a Three 5G router and I am very pleased with it (although the speed varies, but that is to be expected).  I have received an email saying my (first) bill is ready and that I can manage my account on-line.

Unfortunately, when I try to create an on-line account on my PC or use a mobile app it asks for my Three mobile number.

I do not have a Three mobile, but a Three 5G broadband router.

On the router  I can see that there are 2 numbers - a SIM number and a Voice Number.  I have tried to use both but the web keeps saying there has been an error, please try again later, which I repeatedly keep doing without success.

Could anyone please guide me how to create an on-line or app account for the 5 Broadband Router so that I can see/download bills, etc.

Many thanks

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SteveA,

Sorry for any confusion there, as our Broadband service uses a SIM card and the mobile network, we also issue a mobile number to each Broadband connection, although it isn't actually used for calls.

If you check your paperwork, or emails for your customer agreement you should hopefully find a phone number there. Otherwise try sending an SMS from your router to your personal mobile and you should be able to find out your number that way.

I hope this helps,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
SteveA
Active

Further to the above post about me trying to create an account for my Broadband invoices, etc, on the Three support/contact us web page about Broadband it says to call;

Mobile Broadband customers

From your Three phone

From any other phone
0333 338 1003

I called the 0333 338 1003 number to speak to support about this and a pre-recorded message told me to enter my number (bearing in mind it is a router I am calling about and not a mobile phone.)  I tried both numbers which I found on the router.  It did not recognise the first number but when I entered the other number I was told I 'had reached the end of my allowance' - whatever that was?  I then logged into the router and saw that I had received an SMS, which said:

'Hi there,You've reached your monthly Spend Cap – so your out-of-allowance services,including roaming, have been stopped until your next billing date.You can either wait until your Spend Cap resets, or log in to update it: three.co.uk/account'

All I want to do it to create and log in to my account and cannot find a method of doing this and all of my calls seem to be blocked because I do not have a valid Three mobile telephone number.  I only have the 5G Broadband router.

If anyone knows how to get this sorted, please share.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SteveA,

Sorry for any confusion there, as our Broadband service uses a SIM card and the mobile network, we also issue a mobile number to each Broadband connection, although it isn't actually used for calls.

If you check your paperwork, or emails for your customer agreement you should hopefully find a phone number there. Otherwise try sending an SMS from your router to your personal mobile and you should be able to find out your number that way.

I hope this helps,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

SteveA
Active

@JonathanBthank you for your help, which sorted it out for me.  I just need to get a 'land-line' type phone connected to the router if it ever becomes available!

Thanks, Steve