cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Go Roam 12GB Limit Texts?

Ng85
Regular

I have been in Spain for four days. I received a text after two days to say I had used 80% of the 12 GB fair use limit, and just received another text to say I have used the full amount and will be charged 17p per MB should I continue. The same thing happened to my husband, only on a shorter timeline - he received the 80% text within an hour of landing, and the 100% text a day later.

However, I have checked my account and added up my usage - it is just under 4 GB since we arrived, definitely nowhere near 12 GB. 

The only option we have been offered is to upgrade to £5 per day ‘unlimited’ data passes for the remainder of our stay, and then to claim the cost of these back if, when we get our bill, it shows that we didn’t actually use 12 GB of data in the month. Call me a cynic, but this sounds like a money making enterprise (aka a scam). 

Are these texts going out incorrectly? If this is happening to a lot of customers, all of whom are then advised to purchase the more expensive ‘unlimited’ plan, that adds up to a lot of extra revenue for Three.

@JonathanB I’ve noticed you’re particularly helpful within the community; please could you help me?

Thanks! 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Our support teams have advised that this issue should now be fully resolved. Please let me know if you're still receiving any of these notifications, and when the message has arrived and we'll ensure that this is looked into further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

34 REPLIES 34
Fayveryannoyed
Fledgling

Hello, I received an 80 percent fair usage text literally after using roaming for two hours on a new peeps. Had one earlier in the week and went from 80 to 100 percent in about an hour. I assumed it was heavy you tube use by my son but looking at it now, it can't have been as my total usage since April is only at most 40 gig so there is no way I can have used so much so soon. What can I do? How do I check my actual use on three (I have used my phone and checked each app's usage, don't have the app)

roamymcroamface
Regular

I used the three app, you can look at your unbuckled usage. It takes some time but you can add it up.

also it should show if you are getting charged.

I have an unlimited plan so I had previously set my spend cap at £0 as a safety measure to ensure I could spend anything out of limit.

They did say this was solved now and the messages are errors.

roamymcroamface
Regular

That should say 'unbilled' usage, it got autocorrected!

tromans
Regular

Honestly - I can see only blatant lies by the Three folks on these forums - this issue is clearly not resolved and yet you still say that it is.  So, I thought I'd drop a reply here with our experience today on this.  We've been in France since Wednesday and dropped into Canterbury Three store on Tuesday before leaving to pay the £20 roaming fee for two members of the family.  Both family members got the 'used up all your roaming allowance' texts today.  Firstly, the staff in the Canterbury completely failed to tell us about the 12gb fair usage allowance - Fail 1.  Secondly, both members are clearly nowhere near the 12gb limit - Fail 2.  The text messages (screenshot'd for evidence) both contain completely false surcharge statements (17p/mb instead of contract/website quoted 1p/mb) - Fail 3.  I called customer service from France today on behalf of both family members and as a result of a heated conversation where I made it clear I was not leaving the call until I'd spoken directly to the complaints department, both £20 fees are being refunded and I have been told that if any extra fees end up on either account due to their false, incorrect, misleading messages, Three will cover the costs.  I ensured that the call was being recording and got the customer service person to clearly state what he was promising just in case this ends up with legal action after our return.  So - in summary for anyone reading this.  Three have known about this problem for several weeks now and clearly haven't fixed it, are trying to charge people extra.  Be VERY strong with customer service on the phone - ask to be put through to complaints and don't stand for the "we'll escalate and get back to you in 24/48 hours".

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that we're still seeing instances of these messages being received. At the time of my last reply I was assured this was sorted out. We've reopened the investigation and hope to have this resolved soon.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Our support teams have advised that this issue should now be fully resolved. Please let me know if you're still receiving any of these notifications, and when the message has arrived and we'll ensure that this is looked into further.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jmr1985
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, I have received a text saying I have used 80% of my 12gb after using only 5.4gb (reset my iPhone data statistics upon landing), have tried to contact through Three App Chat, but no agents available. Is the incorrect text issue still on going?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmr1985,

The issue should be resolved, but can you let me know when the text arrived? And have you had any other roaming usage in the same bill period?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jmr1985
Fledgling

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Text message was received 27/08 and no other roaming usage in the billing period.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmr1985,

We'd like to take a closer look, I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can check this out.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan