cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to account and can't pay

awilson87846
Fledgling

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help with a major issue that no one so far in three can help with. Apologise for the ever degrading English below.

I started a new pay monthly contract on 08/01/2022 of which I purchased in store. Everything was all fine and everything got set up successfully. I was basically moving from a Sim only monthly contract to a Pay Monthly phone contract, which effectively doubled the monthly cost. I was keeping my existing mobile number and I already had access to the MY THREE App. My payments were taken through monthly direct debits straight from my account.

Everything was fine until September 2022 when I was on holiday and all my data, phone calls etc stopped working. When I tried logging to the MY THREE app, I kept getting an error message telling me that my password (which I have had for years) is not correct. When I tried resetting it, no email would come through. I managed to get on to the online chat to talk to someone who suggested that the reason I don’t have data etc is possibly due to a data cap set on my account and that I can log in to change this. I explain this isn’t possible as my password doesn’t work, and it won’t send me a password reset email. They tried to reset the password themselves but also failed. When they looked into it, they said that the account doesn’t have email associated with it (even though I have had this account since 2017), so he reset the password, which again didn’t work. In the end they tried a few times but couldn’t resolve it. They had a check of everything in my account to see if it was all set up correctly (including biling). They then informed me that it could be that the account needs to be set up again, so he informed the billing department who were to phone with in the week. UNFORTUNETLY nobody got in contact with me.

I called three on 10th September explained problem, started having intermittent signal. Went through same as above, they couldn’t understand what was going on. Couldn’t fix anything and wasn’t willing to help and actually hung up on me.

I went into the store, explained everything, at this stage I checked my bank account to make sure the payments were coming off. It looks like Three took the payments out my account by direct debit from January 2022 to June 2022, and then stopped billing me and the only payment coming off was my Spotify. I passed information over to the staff in store, but they weren’t too bothered about it, and in fact I was informed by them that I shouldn’t let anyone know that the direct debit hasn’t come on since June. The staff in store spoke to the guys on chat and explained the issues (minus the direct debit part). They then thought it was a sim card issue (even though I don’t have access to my account). They agreed to send out a new sim card, when it arrived, I was to take it to the store for them to set up. I received it went in replaced old Sim card, but still nothing worked. Again, nobody could help me, or more to the point seemed like they weren’t willing to help. It was left that a person from the tech OR billing team will contact me in a few weeks.

A few weeks later I still hadn’t heard anything from Three. I phoned them up through 333 from my mobile and had explain everything again. Unfortunately, this phone call did not go well as it seemed that the person who barely spoke English was just reading from a manual and not listening to what I was saying. In fact, at this stage the only thing I was being billed for is my Spotify which I had opted to pay for through my phone bills direct debit.

I have tried periodically to call 333 to rectify this, but sadly nobody would help, and they were more than happy to pass me about departments. Obviously, this has been a massive pain and has taken a lot of my time to try and sort to avail, to a point I have almost completely given up and now that I have technically 3 months left of my ’24-month contract’ I am eager to get something sorted. In fact, as I have writing this, I have checked my bank account and have noticed that THREE are now no longer removing by direct debit for my Spotify and haven’t since June 2023!!!!!!!

I have ZERO clue what is happening or why it is happening. The direct debit for the new contract was obviously created as I was being billed for it for 6 months + my Spotify, for it to then stop and solely leave the payment for Spotify coming off to know nothing!  

0 REPLIES 0