cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time passcode change default number

wishawpubs
Fledgling

I recently opened an account with both home broadband and a pay monthly SIM. Unfortunately the default number for the onetime passcode is the routers when trying to access my Three account on my PC. The only way I can get the code is to remove the SIM from the router and put it in my phone as the full message isn't legible on the routers dashboard.

Is there anyway to change the default number the code is sent? I have tried a chat with support but they suggest I put the SIM in my phone which I obviously can't do if I'm not at home.

2 REPLIES 2
wishawpubs
Fledgling

I've managed to fix the issue with the router(*) not receiving text messages.

I think the first few "Welcome to Three" text messages received must have included characters (hyperlinks?) the router didn't like. Anyway, I selected the “Delete all messages” option and I can now receive/read messages sent to the router.

* I'm using my own Zyxel NR5101 rather than the Three supplied ZTE MC801A

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @wishawpubs,

Glad to hear that you managed to find a solution to the texts not displaying properly. In terms of your original question, for Home and Mobile Broadband accounts, the verification texts should go to an alternative number if one is saved on your account.

As long as it's a Broadband SIM/plan, as opposed to a phone plan that you happen to be using in a router, it may be worth having another chat or call and asking them to add your phone number as an alternative contact number.

We're also looking into other options such as email to help make this process a bit more straightforward in the future.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.