cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz mobile broadband router?

tm2
Fledgling

Hi there, 

I love my Three 4G Plus Mobile broadband, but the router only operates on one frequency: 5Ghz. My baby monitor requires 2.4Ghz to operate, so I was wondering if I purchase an alternative mobile broadband router (that operates on both frequencies) and insert my Three sim, will that work? Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tm2,

The 4G+ router does operate on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time, I have heard of a few instances like this where some 2.4GHz only devices don't seem to connect though. Currently that router doesn't support splitting the frequencies but I have passed on feedback in case we can enable a solution for that in future firmware updates.

We might be a bit more limited in the support we can give, but you ought to be able to use an alternative router. I'd just be careful if purchasing a 2nd hand one, or directly from another mobile network, as it may be network locked. Other than this, I'm not aware of anything that would stop you using a 3rd party router with Three.

You may wish to check out the return policy of where you do buy this from though, just in case. We've only tested the models of router that we actually supply ourselves.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.