cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G hub from Three

moods
Active

I acquired a 4G hub in March. It works excellent because in my area the signal is superb, yet on weekends it sometimes slows down a bit in terms of speed. I was wondering what would it be like in the future when more and more mobile/broadband users adopt 5G spectrum and 4G has lesser congestion. Theoretically it should improve but I would like to hear other member's opinions.

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

If it slows too much 3 may increase the bandwidth on your local tower. Complain to customer services if you think it is getting too slow. I was on EE and used to get 100+ meg all day and then last year I would have 100 at 6am and 1-2 by 10am and back up to 100 by midnight. They denied any problem and blamed my phone and still denied the problem when I got the same results on another phone.

DanC
Employee
Employee

In theory the more people that move over to 5G it helps free up 4G spectrum so speeds will increase.

Also Three are busy upgrading 4G masts to 4G+ when rolling out 5G too which means even existing non 5G devices can see a speed boost if they support the 4G+ technology.

My 4G went from around 20Mbps to 100Mbps with this network upgrade

Krisr
Regular

Its now August 2022 and I just  received a 4G+ hub , it has medium strength signal all over the house , connected easy to all my devices, however, the speed is so variable it can be as low as 5 Mb the fastest I got has been 25 Mb most of the time it’s about 10 Mb , when 3 advertises 70 Mb …. Is this typical for this network? 

moods
Active

I usually get a little above 100 MB on weekends it can drop to about 25 MB. The signal strength is excellent. I guess it depends on the signal in your area I live just next to Canary Wharf.

moods
Active

Try placing in a window and change it's angles to see also if no relief you can try an external antenna.