cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Hub (router) password and username issue with Blink camera hub and doorbell.

markpez
Fledgling

Hi

Had the hub for 6 months with no issues with more then 15 devices including the Blink CCTV system.

Last week the cameras went off (6 months old)what looks like after the B14 update but it might be a coincidence.

On Blink the camera App Its saying username and password are incorrect check spelling when trying to connect to the three HUB wifi.

These are the things I've tried:

All the usual hard resets on the blink hub and doorbell batteries changed, it does work if the Blink tethers from my wife's phone as I need my phone to setup the blink. So the Blink is fine.

Password change on the three hub to a simple one, tried sitting next to it while I connect, tried to use a guest Wi-Fi on the three hub still the same.

Tried selecting 2.4ghz only seen as its a 2.4ghz camera. Tried leaving the 5ghz and the 2.4ghz combined tab.

I read the Blink might not like special characters well it worked before and i dumbed down the password on the three Hub still the same.

Done a soft reboot but not factory reset on the three HUB as I don't feel like running round chucking passwords in everything but i will if someone says its worth trying.

Read about APNs might be the answer which i will try if it doesn't mess my other devices up and speed.

As I said before the Blink works fine on a different Wi-Fi but refuses the three password when trying to connect to the three Hub.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
GregBlanks
Regular

I had a similar issue make sure you enable HTTPS SSH in WAN under remote management , hopefully this will fix it 

markpez
Fledgling

Ill have a look in settings on the three Hub when i get home tonight.

Thanks.

markpez
Fledgling

Hi

I can't work out how to do that in my settings.

I have found out since from other forums that three might have disabled port forwarding recently.

cctv cameras can have issues when this is the case.

I'm not sure what this actually does and why they would do this?

Any help would be great

JCFromBerks
Regular

The refusal of the password to the hub sounds incredibly similar to a handful of device issues I was having as well.

Recommend trying the solution detailed in following post : https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/FYI-IPv6-Prevented-VPN-Connection/m-p/14851#U14851 as this worked for me. Was simple to follow and action (there’s detailed instructions within), and I was immediately able to log devices on having completed. Good luck!