cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN issue drops constantly 5G hub

SimonG
Regular

Hi,

I noticed that the three.co.uk APN causes connection drops at least once a day when I use 5G home broadband. Why is that? Anyone experiencing the same issue? I use it because it grants higher datarates.

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming. I'll feed this back internally in case something's been missed that could be causing that. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

14 REPLIES 14
Soooo
Fledgling

This also causes issues with non browser apps. I had to manually change my APN (which is a disgrace for ordinary customers). My old 3G router which I had since March 2020 was far more reliable. 

SimonG
Regular

Hi Pete,

Any update? Is any technician looking at that or I will need to continue to call the customer service? Resetting the modem doesn't work nd is the only thing they suggest.

Involved

I also want to know what is going on here.

SimonG
Regular

I think they over sold the service: they allowed a lot of people to subscribe and then the line drops and the rates are not as expected even with excellent signal like in my case because simply the infrastructure is not there yet. They would have avoided all these issues and negative comments if the management would have allowed a limited number of ppl to subscribe to the service according to the capability of the area.

lamian333
Regular

will this be resolved anytime soon