cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSN PS5 - Fifa disconnects on Three 5G

Duffy1807
Fledgling

I moved from Vodafone Fibre 67Mb line connection to Three 5G. 

In terms on speed and connectivity. Ive not had any issues really. It works just as expected at around 350-500Mb download speeds.  

However, when i play PS5 online,  i am having issued with fifa 22 disconnecting.  Other games are working fine (minor lag at times) but certainly playable. But Fifa just disconnects.

What can i do to resolve this. Never had issues with Fibre Vodafone.

I have tried to use both 2.4ghz & 5ghz on the router to no avail. I have even tried on the ethernet cable and still this doesnt fix the issue.

Also my signal strenth is Excellent in the Three app getting -88 RSRP.  

Anything i can do to help with this please ? 

6 REPLIES 6
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Duffy1807,

I'll do my best to help. It sounds like your connection itself is good, so there's possibly something more complicated going on, especially as it only seems to be Fifa that's affected.

Do you get a particular error message when the disconnection happens? I'm not too familiar with the PS5's software, is there a network diagnostics or equivalent feature in the console's settings?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

92chriswilliams
Fledgling

My son is also experiencing this when playing Fifa23 over Three 5G.

5G Connection is excellent (-75 RSRP) 

600+ down

120+ up 

Ping averages 30/35

As with OP, I also tried hardwiring the PS5 to no avail, the game simply disconnects mid match and says the connection was lost and the match report will be reviewed to determine the winner, always resulting in a loss for my son! The PS5 itself doesn't loose connection to the PSN and/or sign him out. As this is the main game he plays it is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Bukilester
Fledgling

I have the exact same issues and it's really annoying , are there any work around or fixes... or will need to cancel the services 

Bukilester
Fledgling

Is there a fix in place for this as it is really annoying?

This doesn't happen with o2, Vodafone, bt or sky just Three?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Duffy1807@92chriswilliams,

Another community user reported some issues with PSN connections recently. It may not be related as they were having general issues with online gaming rather than just FIFA, but it may be worth trying the settings changes on this thread: PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub 

Let me know either way if that seems to help.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

hhlondon97
Active

There is a similar issue on xbox and you're right its mostly Fifa. Assuming it disconnects around 2 minutes into the game starting with a big freeze with audio, music then turns off and then you're disconnected?

Jonathan has looked at this as well and it's definitely a similar issue.

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/MTU-for-XBOX-live-mutliplayer-gaming-on-5g-home-broadband/m...