cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
Nathen2022
Fledgling

Tried this and didn't make any difference,  I've seen allot people having the same issues and they are all on three 5g hub!!!!!! Come on Three there is an issue with your hubsort it out....

Dazzar
Established

Hi I have the same problem , it’s a playlist issue , for example I watch FBI all previous series will run but the latest one will not, it is a problem with three as I switched to BT that I have as back up but incredibly slow and it works fine, it’s something to do with how 3 allocate their ip addresses

p1d9m73
Active

It's good to know I'm not the only one having the issue but bad that it's happening. Been on the phone to sky and they said the same about ip address,  it seems more than 1 ip address is pinging back to sky that's why content doesn't load. Please can you sort this out three, I'm tied into a 24 month contract and right now I'm very frustrated with the service.

Dedisense
Fledgling

I am having the same problem.

Dazzar
Established

Any update as sky are adamant it is 3 causing this probably a filter they have applied in the last two weeks

Dazzar
Established

Right spent ages on the phone yesterday with sky, they are blaming three, they claim that they have not changed anything , even though I was not having any problems prior to them putting this puck live stream thing online and doing the update for it. They blamed the internal workings of the router, I have though tried a huawei Cpe pro2 and the LTE 801a , I had nothing else connected to the lte , restarted the puck to factory settings, turned the wifi off on its settings, so nothing else but the single puck was connected to it, and it still did not work, but sky insist it is 3 causing it. I have though connected to my old 2mbps BT wifi 2 hub through its copper wires and I do not have the issue, this would back up Skys comments though, please if there is a mod on here can they get sky and 3 engineers talking to each other 

p1d9m73
Active

I've spoken to three and they said they don't have the ability to block anything, which I find strange, he 1st blamed it on my adult filter being turned on so he turned it off, still didn't work. Asked me the usual, restart router, restart tv, still the same. Its obviously a three issue as if you use any other ip provider it works fine. I think trying to get sky and three to speak to each other is gonna be very hard though, they just want to blame each other 

Dazzar
Established

This morning I used my Vodafone iPhone and the personal hotspot, connected the playlist and it worked fine, kept the program running and reconnected three and it worked fine, then I stopped the program and restarted through 3 and it refused to run, thus making it a 3 issue

p1d9m73
Active

That's different to mine, if I use my sky data on my phone and hot spot the tv to it, it works fine but soon as I switch back to three it stops within seconds. Its really frustrating but I'm glad I'm not on my own with the problem, the more people getting and reporting the issue the more chance they will sort it, hopefully. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@p1d9m73 @Dazzar @Dedisense Thanks for coming back with details of your experience with this issue. 

I was wondering if one or more of you could do some testing in order to help point us in the right direction.Could any of you check your router settings to see what the APN settings are set to? The APN name is generally all I'll need for now. 
If the Sky Glass TV supports it, would any of you be able to set up a VPN on the TV and then try to connect to the previously impacted services through the VPN to see if that changes anything? 
Lastly, could you manually update the network settings on your TV and change the DNS address from the default to 8.8.8.8 and then try those affected services again? 

Thanks for your help, folks. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.