cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
p1d9m73
Active

@JonathanB its all very well sending dms to the people having this issue but we don't seem to be getting any closer to a permanent solution. I'm sure it's been over a month now that I personally have been having this issue and if it wasn't for the fact I have a mesh system running I wouldn't have been able to change the dns so I would have still been unable to watch a lot of things. So my question now isn't when is this likely to be fixed but instead when are we all likely to see any sort of compensation for our inconvenience? 

Cossa82
Fledgling

I too am experiencing the same problem please can you add me to the list 

Dazzar
Established

Still no update to this , it should not take this long. How do we get out of the contract ?

Grum
Regular

Have exactly the same issue, spent some time with Sky and got to someone who said immediately its a known issue, sky are working on a fix but no idea how long it will take

petevick
Regular

Same here - been happening for a couple of weeks at least - SKY Q disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 seconds or so. Very frustrating - and no signs of a fix from what I can see. Please add me to the list @JonathanB.

M0rpheus
Fledgling

Just to add to this - it's not only Sky Q/Glass - the issue also applies to purchases/rentals made via the SkyStore - I have a number of movies I've purchased that way over the years, despite no longer having TV with Sky. Until recently I could cast these to my TV from my phone without issue - and now I just get an error message. I can stream the movies without issue on a different 4G connection, and reading this thread it seems that this is the same issue. This is on 4G Home broadband - @JonathanB can you add me to the list of affected customers so I get notification of any updates?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @M0rpheus,

Thanks for this insight. We're still trying to determine the root cause, but it doesn't seem to be the Sky Q/Glass hardware but instead an issue with connecting between Three's network and Sky's online streaming services, and with downloading content from them.

We're still investigating, but I've sent you a private message with a link to the team that are looking into it. Especially as you're describing an issue with a different Sky service, it'd be great if you could have a chat with them. The best way for us to pin point the problem is if we've got examples from several customers to compare.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

WxM_Gough
Regular

Hi @JonathanB I'm also experiencing the same issues as others when trying to get my Three broadband to work with my SkyQ box - please could you add me to the list? Thanks

stevekn
Involved

im having a lot if problems downloading on demand (“manifest”) to my ethernet connected skyQ box from my three huwaei 5G broadband modem. getting record failure due to “ remote network problem”

recordings seem to fail at the point where the “new adverts” are added into the old programme.

( ironically when i do occasionally get a full download, i scroll through the sponsor's trails and adverts !)  

soulsbn
Fledgling

It seems to have been resolved.
Yesterday saw reports of same on the Sky forums. 

I had to unplug and reboot the Sky Q (which also reset the DNS to 168.x.x.x. from the 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 I had previously set in an attempt to fix

Currently the box is using wifi to the three 5g router, following various fix attempts from the Sky engineers. When I have time I will experiment to see if it still works on my old set up which is: ethernet to the Asus mesh (which in turn is hardwired to the Three router, which has wifi disabled.

Would be great to know roughly what was the problem and the eventual resolution, so that I can watch for it in future. 

Once it has been stable for a couple of days I will report back